Absolutely Sickening!

RealBird!

I have seen roughly 33 years of Falcon football and have never seen the team play like this before. I am, admittedly, a homer is every sense of the word.

After getting my heart ripped out during '07, I thought "this is as bad as it's going to get...nothing could be worse". I was wrong.

After witnessing 85% of the fanbase turn on the Falcons when Vick made his return to football, I thought I had seen the worst. I was again wrong.

Now, I have seen games with multiple sacks allowed, multi-turnover games, and some really demoralizing and horrible losses to SF, Dallas, and the like.

I HAVE NEVER seen any of the previous squads come close to overcoming even half of the adversity we faced today and win. I HAVE NEVER seen a 9-1 record, and twice witnessed an 8-game+ winning streak.

The sickening part is the fanbase. Other than myself and a few others, the rest of the fanbase is not buying in. If you don't want to celebrate/cheer/believe in 9-1, then give up and GO HOME!!!

I am thoroughly enjoying this...and many of you need to **** or get of the pot. Make up your minds...do you want 9-1 and ugly wins or would you rather have 5-5 and beat the snot out of everybody? I will take the former and continue to be happy.

Sloppy play, we win.

Multiple injuries, we still win.

Road, home, multiple mistakes....we still win and are 9-1!!

If you are thinking of jumping off the bandwagon, go ahead. Let me enjoy this and I'll see you in February...you can come back then.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

nice.

to me the falcons are doing very good. they play hard. I do not see what some people are really complaining about.....I am started to think they are nothing but complainers and jumped on the bandwagon.

I am loving this year.

I have seen roughly 33 years of Falcon football and have never seen the team play like this before. I am, admittedly, a homer is every sense of the word.

After getting my heart ripped out during '07, I thought "this is as bad as it's going to get...nothing could be worse". I was wrong.

After witnessing 85% of the fanbase turn on the Falcons when Vick made his return to football, I thought I had seen the worst. I was again wrong.

Now, I have seen games with multiple sacks allowed, multi-turnover games, and some really demoralizing and horrible losses to SF, Dallas, and the like.

I HAVE NEVER seen any of the previous squads come close to overcoming even half of the adversity we faced today and win. I HAVE NEVER seen a 9-1 record, and twice witnessed an 8-game+ winning streak.

The sickening part is the fanbase. Other than myself and a few others, the rest of the fanbase is not buying in. If you don't want to celebrate/cheer/believe in 9-1, then give up and GO HOME!!!

I am thoroughly enjoying this...and many of you need to **** or get of the pot. Make up your minds...do you want 9-1 and ugly wins or would you rather have 5-5 and beat the snot out of everybody? I will take the former and continue to be happy.

Sloppy play, we win.

If you are thinking of jumping off the bandwagon, go ahead. Let me enjoy this and I'll see you in February...you can come back then.

if we are beating the snot out of everyone how are we 5 and 5?

Sloppy play, we win.

Well said sir. I'll admit there are a few players I'm not big on big I keep that to myself for the simple fact I don't see a point in dragging anyone down who may like the guy.

Why not just enjoy it? let the pessimists be just that. It's cool it's just their view of life

Trust me op be happy you have the better mindset lol

Oh, I will be happy and continue to believe/support/RISE UP....a lady asked me today, "This ain't Cleveland...why are you so excited?" Now I assume, she referred to the Dawg Pound cheering on losers. She could have easily been from Cleveland and meant she can't put her all into it because her heart lies there. Either way, she wore a Falcons shirt and I fully expect her and others to cheer, even when things aren't going well. I do it...

if we are beating the snot out of everyone how are we 5 and 5?

fail

   /feɪl/ Show Spelled[feyl] Show IPA

verb (used without object)

to fall short of success or achievement in something expected, attempted, desired, or approved: The experiment failed because of poor planning.

to receive less than the passing grade or mark in an examination, class, or course of study: He failed in history.

to be or become deficient or lacking; be insufficient or absent; fall short: Our supplies failed.

to dwindle, pass, or die away: The flowers failed for lack of rain.

to lose strength or vigor; become weak: His health failed after the operation.

Guest Negatorris

Nice post.

I'm not mad over this WIN, and I'm one of the younger fans. I'm just smart enough to remember we could easily be like the Jets or Chiefs lol.

If they played like this they would have NEVER recovered. Actually pretty much a majority of the teams in the NFL would have never recovered after a 6 turnover game. Even against the Cardinals. Everything will be fine next time we get a blowout, and then I'll be forced to bump some of these fairweather fan's horrible threads.

6 turnovers and they still won. Show me another team that does that.

Actually it's happened a lot back in the 40s, 50s and 60s. 3 times a team has had 9 turnovers and won. The most turnovers by a winning team in the Super Bowl era is 8 by the Packers against the Bears in 1967. That was that Bart Starr 0 touchdowns and 5 interceptions game. The most turnovers by a winning team since the 1970 merger is 7. It's happened a few times.

7 TURNOVERS IN WIN

1971 - Browns beat Saints 21-17

1972 - 49ers beat Vikings 20-17

1973 - Redskins beat Rams 31-13

1980 - Bills beat Dolphins 17-7

1980 - Chargers beat Raiders 30-24 (OT)

1983 - Dolphins beat Chiefs 14-6

1983 - Steelers beat Buccaneers 17-12

1987 - Bills beat Giants 6-3 (OT)

2000 - Titans beat Browns 24-10

Oddly enough during the entire game I was laughing thinking about what threads would pop up. I find it funny that if you bash the team you're a realist fan but if you look at the big picture and don't get too worked up over a close game or loss you're a homer zombie koolaide something something something. I get bringing up areas of concern but to say we're horrible or we'll be one and done or can't win the big one is just silly to me. Well thought out observations with substance can be talked about, other stuff is just noise.