Our Oline And Dline Is Garbage

deathonwings369

we played one of the worst offensive lines in football and still had issues getting to the quarterback! god forbid the day abraham retires because when that day comes we are going to be a hurting unit. also ryan gets hit a ton because of our offensive line. when your line gets blown ten feet off the ball its hard to find a passing lane. a good oline may not always open up running lanes but our lane rarely ever does.

I'm really shocked and saddened at how the OL has deterioated into hot garbage under Hill, and frankly not real happy with this supposedly "aggressive, creative" defense under Mike Nolan. I haven't seen anything impressive since the Bronco game.

I'll agree with you about Hill, but you're nuts about Nolan. If we had BVG we'd look like Auburn's defense. Nolan is using smoke and mirrors to mask our weaknesses. Yesterday we played without Spoon, Grimes, AND Samuel for most of the game.

I'll agree with you about Hill, but you're nuts about Nolan. If we had BVG we'd look like Auburn's defense. Nolan is using smoke and mirrors to mask our weaknesses. Yesterday we played without Spoon, Grimes, AND Samuel for most of the game.

nolan is a huge factor in the secondaries improved play i will give you that. its like a night and day difference.

safe to say the O Line had a bad day, missed assignments and at times flat out overpowered. Worst performance of the season for them.

However, to say you throw out Baker & Blalock is kerrazy. One bad game does not justify that at all.

Defensively, the D Line is, frankly, average. Abe goes missing in spells, but that's age.

Bierman flashes, but struggles finishing

Babs gets good pressure when he finds lanes, in both run and pass downs, can lose position and struggles with shifty runners at times..

Jerry eats up the doubles, doesn't make highlight plays

Basically, we need another elite talent, and we have 1. An elite LE would make the world of difference.

Take heed in writing them off, they've played their part in Atlantas best ever start to a season.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

bab is doing very good.

jerry may not be playing like a first rounder but he still plays decent.

Biermann is all over the place and is doing very good.

our D-line is not the full problem against the run, you need to look at our LB who seems afraid to go and make a hit.

O-linie seems to be protecting Ryan a lot better then in the past. remember the chicago game in 2011? remember how they used to tell Ryan to roll out so he could avoid being hit.

Turner is decent he is still going to do around 1000 yards and 8-10 TD's. but we need someone who hits the hole hard, no line can open a hole on every down. we might be on the bad side with running, but you should still be able to make a play. Rodgers hits the hole hard. Rodgers got wacked in the dallas game, but continued on (his last play today was very good for going up the middle).

dont get me wrong i have been happy with the secondary play and the linebackers for the most part but our pass rush is still nowhere near where it needs to be. how do the giants and steelers win superbowls? they can constantly get in the face and torment the passer.

Agree. The nucleus of any great (Super Bowl) defense is the ability to get to the QB with your front four. Not "pressure" the QB, that's total BS, knock him on his azz for a loss and a sack.

I like baker, outside of some miscommunication he's been past solid. Konz was a steal and hawley is so committed he's getting on that adderall to study harder.

I like the fuq is a corey peters, robertson(he's a monster strength wise) peria jerry (pre knee injury), there are some winners. Jerry, is a tragic story, he could've been **** for qb's and running backs. Injuries are a part of the game and have no bearing on a gm's judgment

I like baker, outside of some miscommunication he's been past solid. Konz was a steal and hawley is so committed he's getting on that adderall to study harder.

I like the fuq is a corey peters, robertson(he's a monster strength wise) peria jerry (pre knee injury), there are some winners. Jerry, is a tragic story, he could've been **** for qb's and running backs. Injuries are a part of the game and have no bearing on a gm's judgment

an oft forgotten thing is just how early in his career he tore up his knee. Kinda thing players didn't come back from back in the day. Especially if it is a degenerative condition now.

Same here. McClure is washed up and done. Should have retired.

See my only arguement is that the guys behind him can't surplant him I mean they had open competition at that spot in the off season and Hawley could'nt do it and the were never going to throw Konz the rookie in there hence Mud still has his job.

Same here. McClure is washed up and done. Should have retired.

See my only arguement is that the guys behind him can't surplant him I mean they had open competition at that spot in the off season and Hawley could'nt do it and the were never going to throw Konz the rookie in there hence Mud still has his job.

what open competition?? Hawley was the only 'back-up' that got playing time in actual preseason games with the first team

if we do not build a team that can win in the trenches i doubt we make it to a super bowl any time soon. its hard to make a good pass when your lineman are blown ten ft off the ball every time! also turner is done as a player and our dline could not touch the quarterback if their life depended on it.

you are garbage as a forum member. just my thoughts thoughcool.png