Lofton.

Falcon Man™

Guest Negatorris

I'll take pass defense over run defense any day. It would be great to have both, but it's whatever. Not being able to defend the run has only cost us once this season.

You aren't half the Falcon fan I am. I am not a Lofton lover, however I am sure you screamed his name when he made tackles for us as early as last year...stfu bro.

WHAT?! GTFO with that uninformed bullchit. You don't know me, so you aren't qualified to even begin to assess my love for the Falcons.

Our terrible run defense isn't just a product of Lofton leaving...it's not just one guy. There are several reasons why:

1) We don't tackle for crap.

2) Our D Tackles have been largely terrible against the run this year (especially Babs early in the year)

3) Abe has been very bad against the run this year

4) Dent is a joke

5) Our DBs (even Moore) are struggling with wrapping up and stopping guys.

6) Us playing nickle D so much puts even more pressure on DTs and DBs stopping the run since it takes one more LB off the field.

Lofton is just one man. Run defense depends on 11 guys doing their job on D...and right now, most of them aren't.

Lofton is a good one-dimensional player. And if he was still with us, he would undoubtedly be 10x better than Dent. But make no mistake, Lofton wouldn't completely solve all our problems in run defense...I listed 6 reasons why.

But Lofton is no longer with us, and because of that, I don't care.

Our pass defense was also one of the worst. I'd make that trade every day. We are better off without Lofton starting on our team. If he would have accepted to be a situational player then that would be different.

This ^^^ and I will never miss an Aints player. The day I miss an Aints player means I am no longer a Falcons fan, never gonna happen. I still have the SI cover of Lofton signed by him from last year in the basement.

How about you try and add to the discussion instead of being a #ucking idiot all the time. I was just making a point. Dent sucks and we need to figure this $hit out.

GFY.

and why don't you go ahead and create the 3000th thread about Lofton being gone? it makes you sound like a whining, butt hurt crying teenaged girl.

Oh wait. You already did. My bad.

I think an "I miss you" is in order.

Our run defense was one of the best in the league with you at MLB.

Now we absolutely SUCK against the run.

Coincidence?

Nah...

We were good at the run but when teams can pass at will against you teams don't need to worry about running the ball so that "stat" is very misleading.

Seriously it's not like we let Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis walk. It was like letting go of Keith Brooking in his prime.

We were good at the run but when teams can pass at will against you teams don't need to worry about running the ball so that "stat" is very misleading.

Seriously it's not like we let Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis walk. It was like letting go of Keith Brooking in his prime.

I think there is some truth in what you said about the falcons run defense last year. Arian Foster, Brandon Jaconbs,Ahmad Bradshaw and MJD ran at will over the Falcons last year.