Plenty Of Crow To Go Around

Falcon Man™

and our 3rd down percentage is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better - and teams are not passing the ball all over us, but yes, we need to stop the run better if were gonna stay in Nickel Def like SF. It is not easy to do. But we did fix the problems we were having with BVG, but have created some new ones in the meanwhile - lets hope they can crack down on Run Def before the 3rd quarter - they do pretty well in second half, but first half we get run all over, plus spoon is not in, well see

If lofton was here we would still have the same issues we have.

We run the "big nickle" more than we do the "base" defense.

If Spoon and Nic are healthy Lofton would not even see the field.

And our run defense today was outstanding minus 2 big plays.

You cant take them away but when you look at the big picture the run defense was solid.

Same way for the second half last week, The saints ran all over us in the first half but we stonewalled them in the second, when when they tried to run it to ice the game we stuffed them.

You cant take them away but when you look at the big picture the run defense was solid.

Same way for the second half last week, The saints ran all over us in the first half but we stonewalled them in the second, when when they tried to run it to ice the game we stuffed them.

You know you can't cherry pick game situations. I could make even the Saints historic D look serviceable otherwise.

Your D is what it is.

We were also running the ball from like our 2½ yard line. Goal line stands, remember?

I'm not gonna poo poo a rival's victory (that's fd56's trademark) but I will say only the darkest lords of the netherworld could allow 5 picks to go as unpunished as yours did today. I mean the Cards had Red Skelton and G. Gordon Liddey under center.

You guys should slaughter a goat and burn it in a dumpster or something, that's a debt I wouldn't leave unpaid.

C'mon Man.....

Lofton is as good if not better than Dent.

To say he'd be riding the bench in Atlanta is laughable.

And before you say it, he WAS offered a similiar contract to return in Atlanta, but stated he wanted out.

C'mon Man.....

And before you say it, he WAS offered a similiar contract to return in Atlanta, but stated he wanted out.

I dont thnk he was saying Dent was better than lofton in anyway shape or form. Basically Falcons have not played much Base 4-3 offense were we need a Middle Linebacker. Dent was not suppose to get the start because we were hoping thats a role Lofa would have covered. However when we lost im they just decided that Dent was enough to fill that roll. With the amount of personel we have in the Box. If you miss one tackle or get a good block its off to the races.

We were also running the ball from like our 2½ yard line. Goal line stands, remember?

I'm not gonna poo poo a rival's victory (that's fd56's trademark) but I will say only the darkest lords of the netherworld could allow 5 picks to go as unpunished as yours did today. I mean the Cards had Red Skelton and G. Gordon Liddey under center.

You guys should slaughter a goat and burn it in a dumpster or something, that's a debt I wouldn't leave unpaid.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Guest Negatorris

Our defense has sucked since 2008. Who cares if we'd be good at stopping the run? That would mean we'd be getting killed by the pass cause Lofton can't cover for sh*t.

You're spin is unmatched. You are truly the best at it.

Yeah If the cards only had Max Hall back there...............

C'mon Man.....

Sure he is better than dent right now.

But with the defense we have been running Lofton WOULD be on the bench in most sitations,

He is not the athlete Nic or Spoon are.

When you look at the defense we are running most of the time Lofton would not be on the field.

The ONLY reason he was on the filed so much the last 2 years were injuries to Nic and Spoon.

It should also be noted even after losing Grimes week 1 we STILL run more nickle than base.

When Samuel went out today..we STILL ran more nickle than we did base.

So it is not spin it is reality.

I liked Lofton and was not at all happy to lose him AND go to NO. I thought he was a good MLB so I haven't bad-mouthed his play as a Falcon. Our run D is brutal but like a previous poster said our 3rd down stoppage is better and our pressure on the QB is a little better. Overall I think our D is better than last year's. Plus I see the DC making effective half-time adjustments.