At Least Mike Mularkey Isn't Our Hc

Falcanuck

Goes for it on 4th and 10 at the 50 in overtime. Effectively giving the Texans the win when they (obviously) do not convert it.

Screw "going for the win". I've given my take on ties, and I think they are embarrassing and I'd rather lose than tie. But the Jags could've easily gotten the ball back even after they punted.

Oh, and the Falcons D played lights out today (for all you TATF hero-police)

-You're 1-8 playing at 8-1, the owner is on your a$$, what have you got to lose?

-Houston had the JAX defense worn down

-JAX had just worn down the Hou. defense with a long drive and got the ball right back

- Losing the game, with a decision like that makes your owner even more pissed at you.

- JAX picked off Schaub the Texan possession beforehand.

- JAX clearly didn't phase the Texan defence considering that "long drive" was thanks to 1 long run and many straight incompletions....

- Losing the game, with a decision like that makes your owner even more pissed at you.

- JAX picked off Schaub the Texan possession beforehand.

- JAX clearly didn't phase the Texan defence considering that "long drive" was thanks to 1 long run and many straight incompletions....

11 play drive, ended in a FG. Jax got the ball back 3 plays later. Incompletions tire out DBs and pass rushers....good time to test them on 4th down?

"I think they are embarrassing and I'd rather lose than tie".

I just don't understand this mentality. Two teams are evenly matched and just cannot be separated, does one deserve to lose? Or one team is MUCH worse than the other but somehow manage to raise their game when it counts and get a tie. The idea that you would rather get nothing than something befuddles me!

"I think they are embarrassing and I'd rather lose than tie".

I just don't understand this mentality. Two teams are evenly matched and just cannot be separated, does one deserve to lose? Or one team is MUCH worse than the other but somehow manage to raise their game when it counts and get a tie. The idea that you would rather get nothing than something befuddles me!

Because I am a competitive person and an athlete myself. I'd rather tip my cap to someone in a losing effort than to be considered equal. I also always want the opportunity to win.

Because I am a competitive person and an athlete myself. I'd rather tip my cap to someone in a losing effort than to be considered equal. I also always want the opportunity to win.

I'm also a competitive person - I hate to lose! I can see why people, particularly in North America where a tie is not commonplace, don't like them, but saying you'd rather be a loser than an equal is just as mystifying. If you ran the 100m in exactly the same time as someone else, wouldn't you prefer to look him in the eye and say, "we both gave it our best, and we couldn't be separated", rather than "oh, just give me the silver!"

Sorry if I appear to be facetious, I guess it's a futile discussion in the grand scheme of things - i.e. why discuss this when we could be talking about how this is the worst season in Falcons history...? (!)