Sec Coaching Carousel

joefalco

I dont think Chizik is going anywhere either. But Dooley is done at TN. If you saw that game last night againsts vandy you would see that Dooley has lost his team. They quit on him as soon as he took bray out. Im not saying Gruden wont come coach in CFB, more i will believe it when I see it attitude.

I think butch jones would be a great fit for KY

Reports that Arkansas and Tennessee are making Gruden their top target and Arkansas is ready to throw some serious money around. CBS had an article up saying Gruden seems to be more open to the college game now than he was before. We'll see what happens

gruden will be up for philadelphia.. he won't be coming to college. the one issue he has with college and he has talked about this is the 20 hour rule they have to abide by.. it's very difficult to do what he needs to do in that time frame. i don't see him taking any head coaching job. also he is one of the most overrated coaches out there. gruden and bruce allen ran tampa into the ground. it will be very interested who arky hires, imo they should go after sonny dykes. i think he is a heck of a head coach and run a great offense that fits the personnel they already have.

Okay, I know this past two years hasn't been great...he rode the Cam tram, but why on earth would the fanbase be so quick to want him out???

there are a lot of problems on the plains. many fans have lost all faith in chizik and have come around to what many believe is that one magical season was due to cam newton and fairley and not due to their coaching staff. i don't know of an auburn fan (and i know many) that want chizik back, but it sounds like their ad jay jacobs is going to keep his job and in turn chizik will also. he will probably fire his oc and bring in someone who will bring the spread back.. as i said when they hired loeffler he was a bad hire and it turns out that was correct. i got the weis hire in florida right also. you can usually see a bad fit of a coordinator hire from a mile away.

Okay, I know this past two years hasn't been great...he rode the Cam tram, but why on earth would the fanbase be so quick to want him out???

If you take out the 2010 season with Cam Newton, Auburn's record under Chizik is 19-18 (7-16 in the SEC). Like Sac said, many people feel that Cam single-handedly won the NC with his play.

there are a lot of problems on the plains. many fans have lost all faith in chizik and have come around to what many believe is that one magical season was due to cam newton and fairley and not due to their coaching staff. i don't know of an auburn fan (and i know many) that want chizik back, but it sounds like their ad jay jacobs is going to keep his job and in turn chizik will also. he will probably fire his oc and bring in someone who will bring the spread back.. as i said when they hired loeffler he was a bad hire and it turns out that was correct. i got the weis hire in florida right also. you can usually see a bad fit of a coordinator hire from a mile away.

If you take out the 2010 season with Cam Newton, Auburn's record under Chizik is 19-18 (7-16 in the SEC). Like Sac said, many people feel that Cam single-handedly won the NC with his play.

I agree, cause like I said...he rode the Cam tram...but one more year. Give him a shot.

Chizik has been terrible without Cam. Take out that 14-0 and hes 24-37 as a head coach I wouldnt have any faith in him turning it around either.

Also with the firing at UT Cutcliffe announced today that he supposedly wont talk to any other schools and will remain at Duke. Not that anyone from Knoxville had Cutcliffe at the top of the list.

Chizik has been terrible without Cam. Take out that 14-0 and hes 24-37 as a head coach I wouldnt have any faith in him turning it around either.

Also with the firing at UT Cutcliffe announced today that he supposedly wont talk to any other schools and will remain at Duke. Not that anyone from Knoxville had Cutcliffe at the top of the list.

yep he has been, but it looks like he will get one more year.. regarding cutcliffe he would have been head coach of tennessee instead of dooley if their ad wasn't forcing him to accept kiffin's staff and not allowing him to bring his own because they had multi-year deals. they didn't want to pay off kiffin's staff and then have to pay for a brand new staff that cutcliffe wanted to bring in. i was happy they didn't hire cutcliffe, i think he is a heck of a coach. it's good he is staying at duke.. he has turned them into a better program.

I've been an out and out Chizik defender and apologist, but I'm through. It's not just the losses, it's the way he and Jacobs have allowed this program to be run. He has let Trooper Taylor and Curtis Luper visibly supplant his authority. They have instilled a toxic culture in our locker room which is totally lacking in discipline, respect for the coaching staff, opposing teams, and the game of football itself. Auburn has been mired in controversy ever since Chizik took control. Rumors constantly swirl regarding recruiting violations. Cam-gate. Allowing Fairley to play the way he did for an entire season. I'm sick to ******* death of all of it. We need a top to bottom change getting rid of the entire coaching staff, AD and assistant AD. We need a total change in culture. If we have a few down years because of it, so be it, I want the right men in place to lead the football program of my beloved alma mater back to glory and respect.

i have heard a lot of buzz about gruden and tennessee.

There's definitely a lot of chatter. I've heard that he has contacted Raheem Morris, Tee Martin, Jay Graham (already on staff), and Bassacia. So far Bassacia is the only one that the local journalist have verified publicly.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

There's definitely a lot of chatter. I've heard that he has contacted Raheem Morris, Tee Martin, Jay Graham (already on staff), and Bassacia. So far Bassacia is the only one that the local journalist have verified publicly.

As a vol fan, what are your thoughts on Gruden? Do you think he is cut out for it? I think the d will step up big time but the offense will struggle.

As a vol fan, what are your thoughts on Gruden? Do you think he is cut out for it? I think the d will step up big time but the offense will struggle.

I think he would be an outstanding hire for Tennessee. The guy certainly knows his football and has become a very prominent figure in the football world through his gig with ESPN. I believe he would be a great recruiter and would put a very, very solid staff together. With that said he has hardly any college coaching experience so it would be somewhat of a risk. But I think that's the type of splash hire Tennessee needs to make.

I just don't see him being a great recruiter. Maybe if he brings in people who are lights out in that area. Gruden isn't as likable a personality as people seem to be thinking... and I really question his organizational skills. People forget he took a Super Bowl team and ran them into the ground.