Something I Noticed About Ryan

freebird310

He is not high pointing his throws this year like he has done in the past, he had such a tendency to throw high like every target was TG, seems he is hitting guys in stride, and in the numbers much more now , he was not BSing when he said he put in the extra work this off season .......

So true, however I do recall a couple moonshots recently. Maybe in the Aint game. I think they were caught though.

So true, however I do recall a couple moonshots recently. Maybe in the Aint game. I think they were caught though.

One was on his INT, but Drew Davis gave up on the middle of that route. Now, the final 3rd down pass that Roddy back-pedaled on was awesome. He threw it at a sprint to his right, and if Roddy could have found it as it was coming to him, that would have gone down as one of the best plays in the history of the series.

He is not high pointing his throws this year like he has done in the past, he had such a tendency to throw high like every target was TG, seems he is hitting guys in stride, and in the numbers much more now , he was not BSing when he said he put in the extra work this off season .......

I think mostly he was overthrowing at the beginning of the games last year and needed to settle down. He definitely has been working on some things because he definitely has the timing down with the receivers and hits them in the right spot whether that's in the chest or outside shoulder. The thing I'm most impressed with besides he actually moves around in the pocket and doesn't look sluggish running is that he gets the ball out so quickly and decisively. I believe I saw on PFF to where he had the highest QB rating for less than 2.6 sec.

Yea, I noticed two in the Saints game. From what I can tell, if the WR has a step on the db he is putting the ball on a line; however, if he's just taking a shot with a jump ball he is putting far more trajectory, ala the JJ reception down the sideline in the fourth quarter last weekend.

Yea, I noticed two in the Saints game. From what I can tell, if the WR has a step on the db he is putting the ball on a line; however, if he's just taking a shot with a jump ball he is putting far more trajectory, ala the JJ reception down the sideline in the fourth quarter last weekend.

+1

Someone gets it.

One was on his INT, but Drew Davis gave up on the middle of that route. Now, the final 3rd down pass that Roddy back-pedaled on was awesome. He threw it at a sprint to his right, and if Roddy could have found it as it was coming to him, that would have gone down as one of the best plays in the history of the series.

That play was a heart breaker.

He almost hit the dome roof against the Saints last weekend.

Never forget the last time the Patriots were here in the regular season. They were at midfield coming toward my seats. Brady launched the highest moon ball I've ever seen. We couldn't figure out what he was doing. What we didn't see was the wheel route coming down the sideline and it dropped right in the receiver's hands at the goal line. One of the best throws I've ever seen.

Archived