Cards Game More Important Than Aints Game!

The Vent King

I know this may sound crazy, but this Cards game will show a lot about the mentality of this team. After losing to the crappy Aints in the fashion they did, these durrty birds better be in a poop on your freshly washed car type of mood. None of that barely beat em, exciting, last minute win - no, a beat the snot of you, take your lunch, and tell your mama I did it type of mood. If this team is going to be a champion, it HAS to play like one, and true champs have the heart to perform testicle relocation surgery against a team with significantly less talent. I know anything can happen on any given Sunday, but this Sunday I expect an atomic elbow off the top rope WWE smack down type of Cards beat down and anything, especially a loss would be disappointing....GO FALCONS!!!!

I know this may sound crazy, but this Cards game will show a lot about the mentality of this team. After losing to the crappy Aints in the fashion they did, these durrty birds better be in a poop on your freshly washed car type of mood. None of that barely beat em, exciting, last minute win - no, a beat the snot of you, take your lunch, and tell your mama I did it type of mood. If this team is going to be a champion, it HAS to play like one, and true champs have the heart to perform testicle relocation surgery against a team with significantly less talent. I know anything can happen on any given Sunday, but this Sunday I expect an atomic elbow off the top rope WWE smack down type of Cards beat down and anything, especially a loss would be disappointing....GO FALCONS!!!!

I have to agree with you. Great teams can lose games, but when they do, you sure don't want to be the next opponent on the schedule. I think this is an important game, I really do. The Cardinals are an inferior team and need to be handled on the field as such.

Arizona has a defense. Much better than the Saints. Their offense is terrible though. It will be similar to the Dallas game. We will win but I don't expect a blow out.

This much is definitely true. Moving forward, I think it may give us an idea of how we'll match up against a team like CHI or SF. Still, I hope we dominate them this week.

I had already posted something similar to this on another thread:

I think this game will be very telling. After how we've won and how hard we played against the saints, this should be a blowout. If it ends up being like the Carolina or Oakland I may start getting concerned about how we will do in the playoffs.

I haven't watched for life reasons nothing else. That's nice to hear. I did catch a small bit about Matt having a great game.

The media has mostly been like "they were going to lose at some point, and losing at New Orleans when New Orleans absolutely had to win is understandable".

While on the board we are like "OH NOES, we lost to the worst defense ever!!!!"

haha, uh, no. Beating the Saints after they have curbed stopped us over the last 6 years would have showed a lot about the mentality of this team. The Cards are a team we are expected to beat and it doesn't really matter if we blow them up (which I don't think we will) or not.

None of that barely beat em, exciting, last minute win - no, a beat the snot of you, take your lunch, and tell your mama I did it type of mood. If this team is going to be a champion, it HAS to play like one, and true champs have the heart to perform testicle relocation surgery against a team with significantly less talent.

You mean the game we had last year against the Bucs to close out the season? Or the stomping we gave Carolina to close out the season in 2010? Both of those games came on the heel of an embarrassing Saints loss as well and while we looked great destroying bottom tier teams as it turns out our losses to the Saints were much more indicative of where we were as a team than our wins over the garbage teams of the NFL.

Edited by Aftermath

A win in New Orleans would have really shown the mentality of this team, not a Cardinals win. I believe the only time we've had back to back losses was in '09. This was a divisional game against a team that has had your number the past 6 years, yeah, it's an important mental game. I see the change in Smitty's decision-making and it showed that he still would rather stick to his guns and not put the ball in the hot hand, i.e. Rodgers. Hopefully Smitty recognizes this and learns to go with what's working.

"A win in New Orleans would have really shown the mentality of this team, not a Cardinals win."

Yeah, of course the Aints win WOULD have meant more, but we lost that game. In terms of being able to bounce back from such a loss (and it had to be one of the worst regular season losses we can suffer), this game AND the way it's played, to me anyway, will show if we've made "progress" with "the process". We're an 8-1 team, best record team with Superbowl aspirations - we should not even come close to losing this game if we are who we think we are. Pride is what I'm talking about. Gusto is what I mean. Heart is what must be seen. Going out and getting that ONE freaking yard must happen, improving effort with tackles must happen, playing better run defense must happen. If we can't do that against the Cards (something we should always do), something is not right. Superbowl teams learn from letdowns and/or dissapointments and come out with something to prove, not to us, but to themselves. Time for that to happen NOW.

haha, uh, no. Beating the Saints after they have curbed stopped us over the last 6 years would have showed a lot about the mentality of this team. The Cards are a team we are expected to beat and it doesn't really matter if we blow them up (which I don't think we will) or not.

You mean the game we had last year against the Bucs to close out the season? Or the stomping we gave Carolina to close out the season in 2010? Both of those games came on the heel of an embarrassing Saints loss as well and while we looked great destroying bottom tier teams as it turns out our losses to the Saints were much more indicative of where we were as a team than our wins over the garbage teams of the NFL.

And I have a very strong feeling this Saints loss is a pretty accurate barometer of where the team is in relation to potential play-off strength for this year's team. Smith has yet to figure out how to beat the top-tier teams in big games. It's rapidly becoming the crimson stain on his otherwise exemplary regular season and play-off record.

"A win in New Orleans would have really shown the mentality of this team, not a Cardinals win."

Yeah, of course the Aints win WOULD have meant more, but we lost that game. In terms of being able to bounce back from such a loss (and it had to be one of the worst regular season losses we can suffer), this game AND the way it's played, to me anyway, will show if we've made "progress" with "the process". We're an 8-1 team, best record team with Superbowl aspirations - we should not even come close to losing this game if we are who we think we are. Pride is what I'm talking about. Gusto is what I mean. Heart is what must be seen. Going out and getting that ONE freaking yard must happen, improving effort with tackles must happen, playing better run defense must happen. If we can't do that against the Cards (something we should always do), something is not right. Superbowl teams learn from letdowns and/or dissapointments and come out with something to prove, not to us, but to themselves. Time for that to happen NOW.

Agree completely. Lose this game to the Cards and look bad doing it and you can pretty much take this meteoric 8-0 start to the season and toss it into the toilet.