Uniforms

dyrtebirdz

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that is totally true. If you look at the Ravens, at home they switch up between the purple/white and purple/black combo now. They have done this the last 3 years. They do the same on the road with white/black white/white. As for thier alternates they go all black and more recently black/white as well.

That is not 3 uniforms, that is six different combinations.

Seattle is doing the same thing with thier new uniforms. I've seen them go all dark blue, blue/white, white/white, white/blue and white/gray. They may have even gone blue/gray one game. The gray pants was a nice bring back for them. Looks reminiscent of thier original uniforms, but now they have a very modern look to them.

As far as the Falcons, I think our uniforms look great with the black pants, I prefer them as well. I was thinking also, we should ditch the white pants for the playoffs whether we are home, away or possibly for the Super Bowl. Do that to help erradicate the "losing stigma" as we have worn those in every playoff game we lost and the black pants look much more aggressive. We did good wearing those in our road games in 2008 as well, except at Philly.

Black pants look terrible. Like we're wearing spandex

Yep, they look like tights.

I'd like to see the 90's jerseys become our alternate jerseys and our current alternate jerseys become our standard jerseys.

Basically

Home jerseys:

w7pmJ.jpg

Away jerseys with the logo in place of the number on the sleeve:

m2IGr.jpg

xnLdb.jpg

Alternates the Black top gey pants black helmet 90's edition:

xQmgW.jpg

Bonus:

SaY4k.jpg

You can switch up pants with no limitations. The jerseys (for us) have to be either red or white, with alternate jerseys for two games.

We've worn the red jerseys with black pants a few of times since Smith has gotten here. We've lost a couple of those games and I believe it was Pat Yasinkas from ESPN who claimed Mike is superstitious. Therefore: no more black pants.

These are my favorite, personally. I really wish they didn't discontinue these. But honestly, we need to do something new. Red, white, and black is an aweome color combination. But we need to apply it to the uniform differently. Maybe even change the font of the numbers. However, I really don't want anything gaudy like the Bengals.

p1628030reg.jpg

Edited by Tonic24k

Not the Wing Helmet, that's their thing. Now the Carbon Fibers, or the ASU flat blacks would be sick.orgeon%2Bhelmet.jpg

Or

122.jpg

And I disagree with most of you. Personally, I love the all blacks.

Single color unis is what most high school teams wear. This is the NFL, we wear adult unis. The all back unis look amateurish. The black jersey, silver pants worn in the Deion era are killer.

You can switch up pants with no limitations. The jerseys (for us) have to be either red or white, with alternate jerseys for two games.

We've worn the red jerseys with black pants a few of times since Smith has gotten here. We've lost a couple of those games and I believe it was Pat Yasinkas from ESPN who claimed Mike is superstitious. Therefore: no more black pants.

Yea, you can switch the pants up.

Personally I don't like the black pants unless it was with the black jerseys (non-throwback). It's been documented that Smitty didn't like the black on black look and I'm pretty sure we haven't worn the black pants with any jerseys since 2008.

Single color unis is what most high school teams wear. This is the NFL, we wear adult unis. The all back unis look amateurish. The black jersey, silver pants worn in the Deion era are killer.

I actually read a study on this from Harvard in a psych class for school. It's actually the opposite. Teams that used solid color unis with minimal "flash" were more intimidating to opposing teams. Also, teams that wore dark uniforms seemed to have more of an edge, were more confident, and were more intimidating than teams that wore light unis, i.e. our all whites....

I actually read a study on this from Harvard in a psych class for school. It's actually the opposite. Teams that used solid color unis with minimal "flash" were more intimidating to opposing teams. Also, teams that wore dark uniforms seemed to have more of an edge, were more confident, and were more intimidating than teams that wore light unis, i.e. our all whites....

I don't think color affects anything in the NFL. Just like visors and complex facemasks....it doesn't scare anyone on this level.

Our all black uniforms look like an arena team, such as the Orlando Predators:

DON_0391.JPG

I don't think color affects anything in the NFL. Just like visors and complex facemasks....it doesn't scare anyone on this level.

Our all black uniforms look like an arena team, such as the Orlando Predators:

You do realize that everyone's uniform at every level looks like someone else's, right? For example... The red and whites look similar to Wisconsin, Arkansas, Rutgers, Miami Redhawks, Redondo Union High School Seahawks, etc...

And the study was specifically on the effect of color selection of uniforms in the NFL and NCAA. They weren't studying high school players.