8-1, Four Division Games Left And No Sign Of A Running Game

Theyhateme : )

I mean really? Ultimately, this boils down to not having the OLine prepared to run block. At least this is the way that I see it. These running plays have been blowing up all year long. It's not gonna get any easier. I don't see it getting fixed either. They're gonna try and wing it again. If we can't run it....throw short screens...they're just as good. We got to get this fixed ASAP!

Maybe you can spain to me why our running blocking has deteroiated so dramatically this year while seemily our pass blocking has improved, comparitviily speaking. Seems to me that we can't fix our OL issues in both facets and it's **** frustrating. No Pat Hill wasn't the fix to our OL problems and no, all of a sudden MT is not garbabe despite what some may think

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Total flipflop from last season.

We could run block pretty well but suck protecting the qb, now we are giving enough time to throw the ball but now not creating gaps to run for our rbs. Heck even quizz's little butt is having troubles sweezing through some of these holes.

I think we will be alright but we definitely need to get this fixed before playoffs start.

The giants were 32nd in running the ball and won the superbowl and the Packers were 31st in defense and won. There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. We just need to get pressure on the opposing quarterback. Maybe the young guys will bring some new energy.

The giants were 32nd know running the ball and won the superbowl and the Packers were 31st in defense and won. There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. We just need to gwta pressure on the opposing quarterback. Maybe there young guys will bring some new energy.

I like this. Yeah, if we're going to have to become more reliant on the pass, then we HAVE to get to the QB way more than we are now.

If I had to choose between our line being better pass blockers or run blockers, i'm going to choose pass blockers every time

But the way our offense works, we depend on the play action so much that we need to get our running game going.

The biggest thing they need to get figured out is short yardage situations. We are 3rd in 3rd down conversions, but we only convert 50% of the time when its 1-3 yards to go. We're over 60% when its over that. Which is bonkers.

Total flipflop from last season.

We could run block pretty well but suck protecting the qb, now we are giving enough time to throw the ball but now not creating gaps to run for our rbs. Heck even quizz's little butt is having troubles sweezing through some of these holes.

I think we will be alright but we definitely need to get this fixed before playoffs start.

We do need to get it fixed just not at the cost of our Quarterback getting hit all day long. We can survive better with Matt in the Game and throwing than we can without him and just being able to run the ball.

The giants were 32nd in running the ball and won the superbowl and the Packers were 31st in defense and won. There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. We just need to get pressure on the opposing quarterback. Maybe the young guys will bring some new energy.

You may be right. I'm not positive you're right, but you could be. If we could either stop the run or establish a running game that could make a yard when we need it on a consistent basis, we certainly would stand a hllofa lot better chance than not being to do either effing one like we are now.

You may be right. I'm not positive you're right, but you could be. If we could either stop the run or establish a running game that could make a yard when we need it on a consistent basis, we certainly would stand a hllofa lot better chance than not being to do either effing one like we are now.

Remember against Saints in OT....we couldn't get a yard twice....

No signs of a running game?

Week 1 - at Chiefs - 84 yards

Week 2 - Broncos - 67 yards

Week 3 - at Chargers - 119 yards

Week 4 - Panthers - 121 yards

Week 5 - at Redskins - 83 yards

Week 6 - Raiders - 45 yards

Week 8 - at Eagles - 146 yards

Week 9 - Cowboys - 123 yards

Week 10 - at Saints - 46 yards

The question is why have we been so up and down running the ball? Why no consistency?

No signs of a running game?

Week 1 - at Chiefs - 84 yards

Week 2 - Broncos - 67 yards

Week 3 - at Chargers - 119 yards

Week 4 - Panthers - 121 yards

Week 5 - at Redskins - 83 yards

Week 6 - Raiders - 45 yards

Week 8 - at Eagles - 146 yards

Week 9 - Cowboys - 123 yards

Week 10 - at Saints - 46 yards

The question is why have we been so up and down running the ball? Why no consistency?

Results in 26th in the league.

Because some teams we match up well in the trenches and can get a push, while others we don't.

But one of the teams we had a good rushing game against (Cowboys) plays a 3-4 defense which has always been the Falcons problem in the past when running the ball. But against the worst run defense in the NFL we could muster only 46 yards. It's really stupid.

37/146/0 game before

17/64/1 couple of games before that.

13/103/0

14/80/1

23/84/1

That's 6 out of 9 games with an effective run game. That's hardly "no evidence of a run game".

Sure doesn't feel that way....especially when could very well be 0-2 in the division. If you want to defend getting stuffed on 3rd and 1 dating back to last year then go ahead.