Coffman

maorifalcon

Keep your expectations low. He has never succeeded in the NFL and yes i realize that there are some that take longer than others, but he was beaten by Palmer and Gallarda and never really impressed in the short time he was here. He may improve, but he is not going to be the answer when TG leaves. He plays a different game and his lack of blocking has been well documented, but his receiving skills are intriguing.

Keep your expectations low. He has never succeeded in the NFL and yes i realize that there are some that take longer than others, but he was beaten by Palmer and Gallarda and never really impressed in the short time he was here. He may improve, but he is not going to be the answer when TG leaves. He plays a different game and his lack of blocking has been well documented, but his receiving skills are intriguing.

Didn't he get brought in after the first round of cuts? I think he would have had time to learn atleast I will keep my expectations low then :(

No the way this team selects talent is based on how high you are drafted, once players fall out of favor they are not on the active roster. Example Sid gets 4 sacks in limited snaps last year but he is replaced by Edwards, Sid produced more than Edwards in 1 year. But Sid is not even active most of the time. How can we find a diamond in the rough when guys aren't given an opportunity.

Coffman was replaced by Gresham. So I wouldn't put to much stock into he never succeeded on an NFL team. I'd like to see some of theses guys thrown into the fire sometimes. Either keep them or cut them. We have alot of untested talent and that's not on TD thats on smith and the coordinators.

Glad our coaching staff doesn't just go off of stats. You watch Sidbury in preseason? Guy showed nothing. And in alot of the games he has actually played he has not shown much.

Coffman was replaced because he did not succeed. Its not like Gresham was a 5th round selection who just tore it up in training camp. He was a first round pick who they went after. Yeah Coffman sustained an injury that year and when he got back they didn't feel he was worth even a roster spot so he was signed to practice squad. Then he was eventually waived and the Buccaneers picked him up. Didn't do much their and couldn't beat out Kellen Winslow or Dallas Clark and he was waived by them. Then we pick him up and he can't beat out Palmer or Gallarda so he was waived by us.

I'm not saying he doesn't have potential, but odds aren't in his favor given his history.