Motor Trend's 2013 Car Of The Year Goes To....

GEORGIAfan

I hope Tesla makes it. It's a gorgeous car and the specs look fantastic. But let's not pretend that translates into an acceptable risk the government took by loaning Tesla money. I'd much rather have seen the government use the banks that they bailed out as puppets to loan companies like this money.

Also plenty of cars recently have won it without having problems and have gone on to be successes. one bad apple does not rotten the bunch.

What, in your opinion, is the most succesful and / or important car that won the Motor Trend Car of the Year. Out of curiosity.

What, in your opinion, is the most succesful and / or important car that won the Motor Trend Car of the Year. Out of curiosity.

I do not consider the award the reason the cars are successful, but I would have to go with 2007 Toyota Camry, 2005 Chrysler 300, 2006 honda civic, and 2004 toyota Prius.

Most Important car for its market would be the Prius. It really made hybrids mainstream. It paved the way for cars like the roadster and model s.

Maybe the Model S ends up like the thunderbird, but I doubt it. The problem with Tesla is not demand, but supply. They cannot make enough to match the demand they have, but I do believe they will. I think the Model S could end up being to electrics what the prius was to hybrids.

I do not consider the award the reason the cars are successful, but I would have to go with 2007 Toyota Camry, 2005 Chrysler 300, 2006 honda civic, and 2004 toyota Prius.

Most Important car for its market would be the Prius. It really made hybrids mainstream. It paved the way for cars like the roadster and model s.

Maybe the Model S ends up like the thunderbird, but I doubt it. The problem with Tesla is not demand, but supply. They cannot make enough to match the demand they have, but I do believe they will. I think the Model S could end up being to electrics what the prius was to hybrids.

OK, I agree with all you said.

The best cars that Motor Trend has named as the Car of the Year are cars that were already incredibly successful.

I hope Tesla is successful as well. They've got an enormous hole to dig out of though.

And I don't disagree with Mitt Romney's stance on the sweetheart loan they received. That was money that could have been better used elsewhere.

Prius was not successful prior to 2004. it existed, but it was not selling like it was after the 2004 redesign. Same with the 300.

I disagree with Romney. DOE has been pretty successful as a venture capitalist. According to the Daily show, it has been more successful than Bain capital under Romney.

Prius was not successful prior to 2004. it existed, but it was not selling like it was after the 2004 redesign. Same with the 300.

I disagree with Romney. DOE has been pretty successful as a venture capitalist. According to the Daily show, it has been more successful than Bain capital under Romney.

LOL none of those companies that were given money by President Obama could have had the money for more than 4 years. I think it is a little early to make that call.

tesla-model-s-jpg_192628.jpg

The car looks like a pontiac and a camry adopted a chinese baby.

What Pontiac car looks like that. Same with Camry. Be honest, you just threw out two random car brands. Also the car is Made in the good ole USA broseph. Nothing chinese about it, which is probably why mittens was hating.

But lets be honest.

2533313961_you_mad_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

As I said before: Elon Musk: 1 Barry O: 1 Mittens Romney : -2

What Pontiac car looks like that. Same with Camry. Be honest, you just threw out two random car brands. Also the car is Made in the good ole USA broseph. Nothing chinese about it, which is probably why mittens was hating.

But lets be honest.

2533313961_you_mad_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Actually Elon Musk: - 110 million dollars......for the 3rd quarter.

But lets be honest.

What does an ugly looking car have to do with Obama or Romney?