Nfl Network Replay

consistentfalcon

Just watched the end of the game again. On first and goal Ryan threw to TG, but he threw the ball chest high so the defender had an easy time knocking it away. If he'd thrown it high as he usually does, TG makes the catch. Game. Set. Match. On the Turner run, the Saints knew what was coming and blew the play up. On the pass Ryan threw to Roddy, he didn't lead Roddy with the ball and the defender was running right in front of Roddy. Knocked it down easily.

This team desperately needs a trick goal-to-go play that they can pull out and execute when they have to score a TD, like the tackle-eligible play they scored on earlier. They could've run that instead of the run up the gut by Turner and I'm betting it would've worked even though they'd already done it once in the game simply because it's not a play we routinely run down there. On the other hand, they know that Turner run up the gut by heart and haven't had any trouble stopping it in years. That's worse than just being too conservative, to run that play again in that situation was just effing moronic.

Edited by PokerSteve

Just watched the end of the game again. On first and goal Ryan threw to TG, but he threw the ball chest high so the defender had an easy time knocking it away. If he'd thrown it high as he usually does, TG makes the catch. Game. Set. Match. On the Turner run, the Saints knew what was coming and blew the play up. On the pass Ryan threw to Roddy, he didn't lead Roddy with the ball and the defender was running right in front of Roddy. Knocked it down easily.

This team desperately needs a trick goal-to-go play that they can pull out and execute when they have to score a TD, like the tackle-eligible play they scored on earlier. They could've run that instead of the run up the gut by Turner and I'm betting it would've worked even though they'd already done it once in the game simply because it's not a play we routinely run down there. On the other hand, they know that Turner run up the gut by heart and haven't had any trouble stopping it in years. That's worse than just being too conservative, to run that play again in that situation was just effing moronic.

Miss the first TD? lineman lined up as a TE usually an extra blocker on a run. perfect timing

Yea but he had 3 MOFOs in his face Steve, he had to hurry the throw, he zipped it out or was a sack on that play .....

*edit* sorry man, I thought you were talking about the 4th down and goal play LOL ....

Edited by freebird310

Yea but he had 3 MOFOs in his face Steve, he had to hurry the throw, he zipped it out or was a sack on that play .....

*edit* sorry man, I thought you were talking about the 4th down and goal play LOL ....

On the play to Roddy, there was nobody in Ryan's face if he steps up into the pocket. Look at the play. Ryan had a massive pocket to step up into but he instead threw it off his back foot, taking any heat off the ball.

On the play to Roddy, there was nobody in Ryan's face if he steps up into the pocket. Look at the play. Ryan had a massive pocket to step up into but he instead threw it off his back foot, taking any heat off the ball.

You talking about the 4th and goal ?, if so you are dead wrong, there was nothing to step into, he had 3 Taints in front of him.......

Also as for running Turner, granted he sucks, he took the ball stopped, actually could had cut back some, but I don't mind running the ball. In every game, there are situations where you need a yard, and everybody in the stadium knows what is coming, and it is just man vs. man. We failed, as we do often.

Edited by jeffro2000

On the turner run, gonzo released for a pass hoping to draw a defender or two. I've seen us do this before, but when it didn't work, we were outnumbered playside.

On the roddy pass, Clabo got beat upfield and forced Ryan to throw off his back foot. With time, he throws it high and wide for 6. Rushed, he left room for it to be undercut.

We should have had our normall 3 wide personnel there instead of Palmer. I'd have loved to have seen us motion someone to the wide side, have them fake the quick out to the sideline and then turn back in, a reverse jerk route of sorts. They would have bitten the out hard.

The run wasn't the issue. I'd have rather seen the run come from the spread, maybe even out of the shotgun with quizz. We weren't going to get much traction from the heavy personnel, and we went to that personnel on two of the three plays from the one.

The saints have been had with speed backs this year (Charles, McCoy, etc.). Running straight at them wasn't the best call all day.

It's true, but by the same token, Roddy could have made a much more aggressive play on the ball.

Oh well, get em next time. Hopefully everybody learned something from this one. If you can't win, at least learn.

I was watching it tonight, a good part of it, and it seemed to me that the Falcons played very well, but the Saints just played a little bit better.

Watching it a second time, the gloom and doom around here seem even more ridiculous.

I agree, I was guilty of reactionism myself, I saw it tonite with a clear head instead of the Beer and bourbon fog of sunday LOL ......I feel much better

Problem with the game was we had 3 first and goal situations in the game and only scored 6 points. One td on any of those instead loosing by 4 we win by 9. We beat ourselves...Roddy is right we gave it to them. We knew who they were and we let them get away with it lol. That and wasting downs on Turner putting us into too many 2nd and 10+, etc...

I still think we outplayed them. Should had won that game, can't complain too much. We were outplayed by the Panthers, and arguebly the Raiders. Just didn't make plays we should had made against a crap defense. Gotta give them some credit, I thought Douglas was going to score for sure on the 1st down play, also they made plays on the other 3 too. Just a little better ball placement by Ryan we got them though.

Problem with the game was we had 3 first and goal situations in the game and only scored 6 points. One td on any of those instead loosing by 4 we win by 9. We beat ourselves...Roddy is right we gave it to them. We knew who they were and we let them get away with it lol. That and wasting downs on Turner putting us into too many 2nd and 10+, etc...

That is pretty much it in a nutshell .did not make plays when we had too.....