Dirk Koetter Interview On 790The Zone.

falcons007

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think on short yardage situations they should direct snap to Julio. Dude's got UPs, just let him jump over everybody

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I grew up in central CA and my dad was a Raider fan. I spent plenty of days at the Coliseum

watching Marcus Allen take two step towards the line and leap over the pile. It's a lost art, and I've never figured out why.

With JJ's leaping ability, it would be hard to stop.

One of the great mysteries of football. Even analysts who played in that era never bring up the technique.

what did weatherspoon say

On taunting the Saints: "It's football, grow up and quit being cry babies"

On being sidelined: "Tough to be on sideline when he knows he'd make an impact"

On Graham: "Not sure how often he'd be covering Graham if he played"

On Ray Edwards cut: "Shocking, said the relationship between Ray and staff not the best, Ray wanted more play time, they gotta move on and get with the program"

DK is not going to throw any player under the bus, its a coach speak. I agree that run game is more than RB but MT is **** slow this year.

He just seems to not be trying like he used to. I still think it goes beyond just him. We aren't running like we should be period. Our run snap count is way to low in my opinion. Maybe we need to stop running like we're used to. Stop going out of the I and run out of the gun or something.... I don't know. I do know its frustrating as all heII.

I don't know, doesn't seem like he and Smitty are having much trouble pointing fingers at the Oline as a unit with their comments.

I think you're right. They have been going beyond their normal subtleties and pretty much straight up pointing fingers. Maybe it works and people get fired up.

Problem is the oline executing the scheme, I think we should make it easier for the guys, they are not getting knock back. It's free backers who they are not able to get too. You have to remember that the blocking scheme changed this year. I remember some of the oline talking about the different techniques and how they count things.

On taunting the Saints: "It's football, grow up and quit being cry babies"

On being sidelined: "Tough to be on sideline when he knows he'd make an impact"

On Graham: "Not sure how often he'd be covering Graham if he played"

On Ray Edwards cut: "Shocking, said the relationship between Ray and staff not the best, Ray wanted more play time, they gotta move on and get with the program"

thanks. i like the taunting comment.

Problem is the oline executing the scheme, I think we should make it easier for the guys, they are not getting knock back. It's free backers who they are not able to get too. You have to remember that the blocking scheme changed this year. I remember some of the oline talking about the different techniques and how they count things.

Oh they're getting knocked back. I'm looking at it right now and I see it every week and I bring it up and ppl still say it's all Turner. The plays when they get decent push we get positive yards. The coaches know better than we do so it's kinda hard to question what they see.

The coaches aren't having any problem saying the line isn't blocking well enough.

They'd call out Turner if they thought it was him, but of course they'd put it like "well we're getting the blocks we need up front, but aren't finishing the run" or something

Think the problem is 50 turner 50 Oline personally. But we could make do With Turner if the line could block

I also heard that lil pause in Koetter voice when that RB question was asked... Yes it wasnt all on Turner on that play but overall... Ive seen running lanes open this year and it takes turner to long to get started up

I disagree. When he sees a nice hole he hits it. Maybe when you see a hole you don't see the LB coming to clog it. Nobody still hasn't answered why Quizz and Snelling suffer the same fate when they run behind McClure as well. Sometimes they run counters which ids already a slow developing run play so maybe you're seeing that and calling it Turner getting to the hole too slow. Guards have to pull sometimes and RB's have to wait for the guards assignment. It's so many things going on in play that fans don't catch. I see some things because that was the position I played in pop, HS, College,and semi pro. Like i've said before I don't remove Turner from any blame but the line gives up way way way too much penetration. Especially on short yardage. Most times the RB will be the fall guy in these situations but I've been saying what Smith and Koetter finally said since preseason.

I love what Dirk says about us doing better at 3rd and 4-5 rather 3rd then 3rd and 1. I was saying it in chat that day. We were actually doing better when we'd get a penalty and back it up 5yds then we were with 3rd and short. That is just unacceptable though. Its just not right.

He is correct though that people trying to blame one person for a loss and even a win is just wrong. Those people that can say that with any bit of seriousness don't live in reality.