New Stadium Vs Hd

ya_boi_j

I can't speak about the Georgia Dome, but I know that the main problem in NY is that the real fans are priced out of games. There are many people who were season ticket holders for 20 or 30 years that can't afford their seats anymore because of PSL's. Now those seats are filled by businessmen who can only name 2 players on the team.

I got a brilliant idea ...pay everyone a little less and make the tickets affordable enough for the average fan to go .........but of course the privelege to watch live a bunch of 23 year old millionaires run around in tights should be worth 250 a pop to every hard working American, especially in this economy .....I always said there is a bubble with pro sports just like the housing market ..it is only a matter of time until these MOFOs price themselves out of existence .........greed is a killer ....

Cut Ticket prices by 70% and then make the enitre NFL pay per view or package deals like Sunday Ticket (of course it would be a premium price). That way most every game is sold out. You can go to the game for a reasonable price, or you can pay to watch it at home, while paying less for concession. Crazy I know.

I got a brilliant idea ...pay everyone a little less and make the tickets affordable enough for the average fan to go .........but of course the privelege to watch live a bunch of 23 year old millionaires run around in tights should be worth 250 a pop to every hard working American, especially in this economy .....I always said there is a bubble with pro sports just like the housing market ..it is only a matter of time until these MOFOs price themselves out of existence .........greed is a killer ....

I couldn't agree with you more.!!!!!!!!

I believe there is a bubble as well. Sooner or later, people will realize that pro sports are just entertainment and nothing more. They'll start to wonder why they would pay good money to see mediocre teams play. Let a new craze come along on Sunday's that is cheap, fun and practical, and you'll see that people will focus their attention else where. It might not happen right away, but you can bet it will in the future. Everything changes.

Edited by 4dabirds

Ticket prices will go up and PSL fees will destroy the season ticket holder fan base. Home games will no longer sell out, creating blackouts, and we will be forced to listen to the games on radio.

Don't count on Sunday Ticket. If the game is blacked out, Sunday Ticket will black out the Atlanta market.

We don't need a new stadium, but try telling that to the General Assembly and the Georgia World Congress Center. contactus@gwcc.com

I have an idea to sell tickets.

TAILGATE....but IDK anything.

easier to get out

put the dome in an are where there would be no traffic when we leave.

make events for tailgaters.

stop charging 8 bucks on beer.

do things that you cannot do when sitting at home.

make it hard to resell tickets. make it where the person who sells it has to cut his ticket price in half or else force law inforcement.

- but do allow a few sections for rival fans only. and never allow people to buy season tickets in those few areas.

play games on the big screen while we are waiting for the 4:00 game/8:20 game.

maybe allow people to bring a two unopened containers inside (beer included.)

2 unopened containers would cause too many security problems. and the traffic leaving stadiums is from the 50,000 people leaving the stadium, trust me, no one would want to drive past a stadium on game day if they didnt have to. and the rival seating would be empty when a team like jacksonville or a cross country team comes to play. I do like the 4:00/8:20 game idea. people might actually show up on time

it's stupid that we need a new stadium. the superdome is way older then the georgia dome and they still get superbowls.

Makes no sense to me. I went there last year and although I didn't explore the place, there was nothing special about it when I walked through the doors and went to my seat.

Because it seriously hurts the value of the team. If you were the owner, you'd be dying to have your own stadium.

It is true, though. Football (like basketball) is an experience best enjoyed at home. Not saying that the experience at the stadium is terrible, but you just get a better view when in front of a TV. Not only that, but if you are like me, there are 2 more TVs playing other games to fill in the down times.

It won't ever stop me from driving 11 hours to attend a Falcons game, but I get his point. Problem is that TV can cannibalize the stadium attendance. That's a business quandary.

Mr. Blank isn't going to get his own stadium though, we would still be in bed with the WGCC just like we are now.

It's my understanding that only about 5% of NFL fans attend games--ever!

Given the advances in home theater technology, I would expect that number to shrink for a number of reasons.

The NFL is in competition with the other activities available with a high-end home theater setup. Movies & television, other sporting events, and video games (the home video game industry is BIGGER than the movie & TV industry--so don't discount that one).

Faced with a choice of buying NFL season tickets or using that money to create/upgrade a home theater/entertainment system, a lot of people are choosing the home theater system. And, once they buy that system they are less likely to EVER attend a live NFL game again.

That is a brilliant idea! We can pay everyone a little less and then they'll go play elsewhere and we can have a team with no talent like the Browns! Weeeeeeee!

Not sure if this has been brought up or not. I'm too impatient to read all the posts ....... BUT....has anyone thought about saving the $$$ it would cost to build a new stadium and just remove the tent top off of our dome and replace it with a retractable roof? I know the debate about having a new stadium to be able to hold a Super Bowl but come on... the cost would force our ticket prices up for sure.

Edited by big_D

Not sure if this has been brought up or not. I'm too impatient to read all the posts ....... BUT....has anyone thought about saving the $$$ it would cost to build a new stadium and just remove the tent top off of our dome and replace it with a retractable roof? I know the debate about having a new stadium to be able to hold a Super Bowl but come on... the cost would force our ticket prices up for sure.

$800 million to renovate the Dome and GWCC would still control a majority of the Falcons income. Blank wants to open a new stadium cause he is NOT making money off the Falcons. Let him build his stadium before he sells the team or moves it.

The future of TV is only gonna make it more difficult for the NFL to put butts in the seats. Not only will it be HD, but it will be 3D with no glasses necessary. Your own beer, your own food, and players running around in your living room. Yeah, the NFL will need to get very creative over the next 10 years to keep the stadium crowds coming.