Pff Recap Saints Vs Falcons (Should Be Called Te Vs Te)

Trouble

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/12/refo-falcons-

saints-week-10/

Strong Up Front

The much maligned (and for good reasons) Saints defense came up with some huge plays when it counted, especially on two goal-line stands late in the game. They were led by the play of the defensive line, which provided some good pressure on Ryan and was very strong against the run. All eight active linemen received snaps, although the group didn’t have quite as much success as they did a week ago.

Holding the Falcons to just 2.6 yards per carry, the unit was effective in shutting down a strong running attack, particularly near the end zone. The effort of tackle Tom Johnson (+1.4) can’t be overlooked, as he played a critical role in stoning the offensive line on a few plays.

And they weren’t bad rushing the passer either. The group recorded 19 of the defense’s 22 disruptions and pressured Ryan on about 37 percent of his passing attempts. Reserves Martez Wilson and Turk McBride were the most productive on a per-snap basis, combining for five pressures in 23 rushes.

grumble grumble grumble...... baker... Grumble.

Game Notes

- Playing at right tackle for the injured Zach Strief, Charles Brown (+2.3) was the Saints’ highest graded lineman and surrendered just one pressure in pass protection.

- Falcons reserve lineman Mike Johnson’s first quarter touchdown catch was his first target and catch of the season in 20 routes run.

- Atlanta averaged a horrific -0.14 YPC on runs to the left of center.

PFF Game Ball

This one goes to Chris Ivory, whose electrifying 56-yard touchdown run in the first quarter put the Saints within three and helped avert a potential blowout.

click the link at the top to read the full break down.

Good read on the game.

And I'll admit as good as Jimmy Graham has been, he's suffered with drops this year, and a few of them have been on 3rd down and would have kept the chains moving. I suspect it's a focus issue and the coaches need to work with him. He is always looking to run before he secures the ball. They failed to credit Vitt at all, but I think he has inspired the team after his return.

Good read on the game.

And I'll admit as good as Jimmy Graham has been, he's suffered with drops this year, and a few of them have been on 3rd down and would have kept the chains moving. I suspect it's a focus issue and the coaches need to work with him. He is always looking to run before he secures the ball. They failed to credit Vitt at all, but I think he has inspired the team after his return.

Which is why I predicted 9-7 back when you were 0-3, and didn't talk trash before the game because I knew the Saints "were back". Vitt is much better than Kromer, no one is suspended, the D is still bad but should be picking up the system by now. Not that it won't still be last, just not 50 ypg worse than the 31st team.