Who Is In The Most Trouble On The Oline?

bigjmw84

Who stays who goes?

Baker-By far one of the brightest spots on our Oline

Konz- Didnt take long for him to prove how beastly he is. The beauty of it is he is only 3 games in. I think he moves to Center.

Holmes- TD & Co have alot of faith in him. If he is to unseat somebody, who will it be? Clabo or Baker? I think it could be Clabo.

Clabo- Where is the Clabo that we know and love? I believe moving him to RG will get his mojo back. Run blocking has always been his strength, but before the ballcarrier can take advantage of his blocking the OC/RG has allowed interior defenses to blow way too many plays up.

Blalock-He has been real bad against the run this year. Runs to the left are basically non-existent because of the penetration. He has been pretty solid from a pass pro stand point tho.

McClure is obviously on his farewell tour this season, but Blalock seems to be in the most trouble . He cant play either OT spot and he is having run blocking issues. I dont know if we would consider cutting him, but he has a cap hit of 3.8 mill this season, and 7.6 for 2013. With 4 years left on his contract with escalating cap hits, and declining run blocking, it would be something TD will have to think about.

Dont be suprised to see Sviteck resigned, and added to the competition. He played admirably at LT , and has guard experience. Could be an option at RT

LT:Baker/Holmes

LG:B.Jones/Johnson/Manley

OC:Konz/Hawley

RG:Clabo/Reynolds

RT:Holmes/Sviteck/Reynolds

I'll be honest. I don't see a single player on our OLine that is pro bowl caliber. Not one. And I've yet to see one of the young guys we've drafted look like they might be either. Maybe Konz or Reynolds eventually. Maybe. And McClure's comments in the press, especially after the horrible game he had and his tenure as a veteran, are pretty concerning. This team won as a team. It doesn't look like we lost as a team.

Mud Duck is a liability. That said... he does try and is at least okay at C.

Mud Duck pretty much threw M. Turner under the bus.... because he has sucked for two years now! Just even more so this season. why does he sukk? A lot of it is he doesn't even try. You say not so??!!

I say watch how Turner ran after his DUI event. He made cuts. He displayed vision and willingness to manuever... while still in the backfield. he wasn't tippy toeing all the f'n time. That lasted for about 8 days.... and was gone again. Now he is tripping over his own arse in the backfield for 2 and 3 yard losses BEFORE anyway even has a chance to touch him.

I don't like our OL at all, except for Konz. We need to overhaul our entire OL and replace Turner. Need to add some beasts to our DL as well. But we wont. OL and DL has been an issue for the Falcons for most of its time in the NFL. Its one of the many reasons we are no the successful in the playoffs. Go all out on OL an DL this off season.

It seems like everyone misses their blocking assignments at least once per game and that includes for passing and blocking. It boggles down Ryan's protection and it also limits Turner to some degree. I am not sure if our front office received too many complaints about our oline playing nasty but it seems we are less incline to play physical and play more of a finese game.

I'll be honest. I don't see a single player on our OLine that is pro bowl caliber. Not one. And I've yet to see one of the young guys we've drafted look like they might be either. Maybe Konz or Reynolds eventually. Maybe. And McClure's comments in the press, especially after the horrible game he had and his tenure as a veteran, are pretty concerning. This team won as a team. It doesn't look like we lost as a team.

I agree that Konz might be the only lineman with probowl potential, but i beleive our main issue is maximizing our strength. McClure is on the way out so we bolster the Center spot with Konz, and we move our best run blocker to RG to erase all the defensive push up the middle.Sviteck could hold down RT with his run blocking abillity. We are not too far from offensive domination, but Coach smith and company need to make sure they are not stubborn in this regard.

I agree that Konz might be the only lineman with probowl potential, but i beleive our main issue is maximizing our strength. McClure is on the way out so we bolster the Center spot with Konz, and we move our best run blocker to RG to erase all the defensive push up the middle.Sviteck could hold down RT with his run blocking abillity. We are not too far from offensive domination, but Coach smith and company need to make sure they are not stubborn in this regard.

I'm really concerned about TD's ability to draft lineman. I think we need to find a legendary NFL Olineman and get some help in the scouting department. I mean, look at all the picks....Reynolds, Johnson, Hawley, Konz. Who else am I missing? Are ANY of these guys gonna pan out?

I wouldn't blame all on the OL for running woes, Turner can't hit holes fast, cant cut back nor make double moves. Not every RB gets perfect blocking all the time, I am tired of watching other RB jump outside or cut back when there is no hole. Next year McClure is most probably gone and Konz can move to Center.Holmes should atleast compete with Clabo for the RT spot.

Everyone but King Konz should be playing for their respective jobs along the line. Perhaps Baker is safe too, but that's only because even an average LT has lots of value. Everyone else has a major flaw in their blocking skillset. One is a good run blocker but terrible against the pass, the other is vice-versa and the rest are just not very good.

typically i d say baker, but what ever blocking scheme they have installed this year, he is actually playing his best far and away. every other year he has looked like he didn t belong in the nfl, this year he is having a good year, for him. so i d go with RG. kontz is stepping up and improving with GR out. if he continues to improve, we might be in ok shape the rest of the way, not saying we have a great oline, but i think they could be solid enough to get a win in the playoffs.

Reynolds is improved enough to take him of Smith's bust list, but Johnson has been hot garbage and i didnt expect that early on. Hawley isnt as bad as alot of people say he is, but I get ur point. I think TD is out smarting himself, and over analyzing prospecst. We need to snag homeruns instead of trying to go out of his way find these so called "unheralded gems". I was so upset we didnt get Nicks in 08! Who did we pick? Yeah.. Robert James. Coming to TD's defense, that was the only time where it was a no brainer.

just listened to Koetter on 790 interview pretty good - they are def pissed about this, said it def aint just Turner, but then u got Mcclure saying it aint the Oline, its a little of all plus play calling, I think we may see some more changing up at the LOS on third and short to flip out of the play and spread the Def out when they stack the box. But it sounded like we are DEF going to see some changes. He spoke with a confident sense of urgency

just listened to Koetter on 790 interview pretty good - they are def pissed about this, said it def aint just Turner, but then u got Mcclure saying it aint the Oline, its a little of all plus play calling, I think we may see some more changing up at the LOS on third and short to flip out of the play and spread the Def out when they stack the box. But it sounded like we are DEF going to see some changes. He spoke with a confident sense of urgency

Good to know about the urgency he spoke with. I hope their is some bite to go along with his bark.