Mike Nolan And Our D Stepped Up In The 2Nd Half

JBourneMurkedU

The deeper I look into the game the more I like what the defense did in the 2nd half. It also shows that Nolan and company made the necessary adjustments at halftime and gave the offense what it needed to get back into the game.

We gave up 21 points in the first half. 10 points in the 2nd half.

We gave up 149 yards passing to Brees with 2 TD's in the first half. 149 yards passing and 1 TD in the 2nd half.

We gave up 116 yards rushing in the first half and 1 TD. 33 yards in the 2nd half and 0 TD's.

We held the Saints offense to 3 points over the last 25 minutes of the game.

THESE ARE GOOD THINGS!

Edited by JBourneMurkedU

I agree. As bad as our Run D is, and though our defense might have played better with Spoon, they did just enough to keep the score close. We lost because we couldn't gain a yard to save our lives, and a run game that could do the bare minimum would have helped a LOT there. We knew coming in that our defense wouldn't be able to stop Brees from scoring points. But against the "worst defense in NFL history", our O should have decided this game.

There are so many what ifs in the fourth quarter alone that could have saved the game for us. And when Drew Brees throws a pick in his play of the game around the Saints own 30 yard line, there's no reason we shouldn't come away with another 7 points. Our D could have stood to play a little better but the offense did just enough to lose the game.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

so we only play 1 half in football now ..lol whats next break downs my quarters next

You don't get the concept of 'half time adjustments' do you? No one doubts the D wasn't great in the first half, and sure it would be great if they played the whole game like they did in the 2nd. But I'll take a D that can make adjustments over a D that can't any day. Seriously, you come off as trying to be a smart a ss but this post just makes you look silly.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

You don't get the concept of 'half time adjustments' do you? No one doubts the D wasn't great in the first half, and sure it would be great if they played the whole game like they did in the 2nd. But I'll take a D that can make adjustments over a D that can't any day. Seriously, you come off as trying to be a smart a ss but this post just makes you look silly.

but if your defense looks abysmal in first half Im not giving you credit for half time adjustments cause basically only way to go from there is better then first half when it was a joke ...Defense still was pretty bad regardless what half it was in the game...If we were locked down in first half and allowed the offense explosion to take place in 2nd half would that matter

but if your defense looks abysmal in first half Im not giving you credit for half time adjustments cause basically only way to go from there is better then first half when it was a joke ...Defense still was pretty bad regardless what half it was in the game...If we were locked down in first half and allowed the offense explosion to take place in 2nd half would that matter

Agreed, they just need to get it together...

Our defense stepped up in the second half probably by as about as much as Denver's did when WE played them. Which is to say that YES we certainly played better but a big part of it was the other offense playing not to lose. (ie our Monday night game against the Broncos)