Eating My Crow On Edwards

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

first off I did no think this guy was our answer. before we signed him I did not want him at all. I talked to Minn. fans and they said he benefitted from other players.

but when he came along and I saw what we signed him for, I thought no way would he be this bad.

so anyhow here it is.

EatingCrow1.jpg

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I never thought he would be a premier pass rusher but I thought he would at least continue to get his 8 sacks a season as he consistently did for years so bust out the hot sauce crow is on the menu.

I was thinking more of what falconine said. 5-8

My first thoughts was: "This dude is boxing? You gotta have a motor in your chest to do that!" Then the pictures popped up. My first clue should have been the dual nipple rings. But hey, 8 sacks is serviceable as heII. But NOTHING? I'll have some too. I definitely thought he would pan out.

I myself thought he was a decent signing at a decent price. I give the props to the front office for making a statement to cut him, even after he had his best game of the season. I think I saw him tackle someone in the back field, and attempt to swat a ball down.

I have been waiting four or five years to see Sidbury get some reps. That is where I

can eat some crow. I thought he could have played all this time, kind of like Biermann has.

Ray Edwards looked good when he played in Minn., I watched him take over a game or two.

I don't know what his problem was. The move was sound, but it did not work out, and the cord

is cut.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Man I wish I had the patience to dig up those threads where I said we never needed a DE at the time but a disruptive DT to help Beirmann or whoever is on that side

now before we Edwards....I was one of these who said something similar to this.

I saw Biermann doing a lot of things and I mentioned it and I got punched in the face over and over that I was wrong.....now people finally see how good he is. he is not a clay mathews.....but he is a very good player.

anyhow, since you brought this up........do you think a DT would help us out a lot mroe then going after a middle round DE next year...or should we go after a DT and let it help the DT line and bring out a better De line?