Georgia Southern Is Going To Crush The Dawgs

AF89

Be warned puppies there's a blue tide coming to Athens and you better watch out. There's going to be so many pitches your linebackers and safeties won't know what to do or who to cover. One minute your stacking the box the next they'll be a guy in blue standing alone in the corner of the endzone. And those tailbacks just keep coming and coming If you slip up for just one second WOOSH, they're zooming past ya. Murray better play perfect or you'll be looking at loss before you can even think about taking on Bama'. Eagle nation baby and right now its flying! cool.png

386452_2773248899754_264160273_n.jpg

Try not to hurt too many of our players tongue.png

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if gsu stays within in 30 points thatll be pretty good

I actually think we have a reasonably good chance at doing that. We manged to stay within 3 tds last time we got togther and that Southern team was pretty dreadful. Gave Alabama fans quite a scare last year as well. Really though with the playoffs around the corner I'll be happy if we can get out of this healthy. We've already got some guys suspended or banged up. Should have a first bye in any case so maybe some of the more limited guys can see some action Saturday.

This will be the first UGA game I've attended in some years. Definitely the latest in the season I've been to Sanford Stadium. Looking forward to it.

Forgive my laziness, but does Georgia Southern still have the QB Shaw and the B-Back Swope? Those two guys played really well against Alabama last year. I expect Georgia Southern to score some points -- mainly because Georgia, like Alabama, may only spend a day preparing for them. Georgia, like Alabama, has bigger things to prepare and play for.

Forgive my laziness, but does Georgia Southern still have the QB Shaw and the B-Back Swope? Those two guys played really well against Alabama last year. I expect Georgia Southern to score some points -- mainly because Georgia, like Alabama, may only spend a day preparing for them. Georgia, like Alabama, has bigger things to prepare and play for.

This will actually be a game UGA will be praparing for. This game will help towards next weeks practice. When UGA prepares to destroy GT.

Edited by Cable Guy

This will actually be a game UGA will be praparing for. This game will help towards next week when UGA plays GT.

You bring up a good point. That actually works out well for UGA. I still bet that UGA will be putting in some gameplanning for Alabama this week and next -- and I bet Alabama will be doing the same with Western Carolina and Auburn coming up.

You bring up a good point. That actually works out well for UGA. I still bet that UGA will be putting in some gameplanning for Alabama this week and next -- and I bet Alabama will be doing the same with Western Carolina and Auburn coming up.

I believe as well that UGA will be preparing for Bama this week. But i think it will be more of coaches going over Bama film than players. I think that UGA may practice this week for the next 2 games, GSU and GT. Then next week correct mistakes for the GT game and work on getting the players ready for Bama.

Jaybo graduated. Right now we're using a two quarterback system of Jerrick Mckinnon and Ezai Youyute. Youyute(nickname "Youtube") actually has FBS speed and a decent arm but he's had problems reading the pitch so after the first loss this year Jerrick has been getting the majority of the snaps.

I haven't heard anything but I think there's a good chance we end up with Vlad Lee next year if Paul Johnson gets canned. (Would prolly depend on where PJ ended up and if how many of his guys would follow him.)

I don't think UGA can afford can afford to sleep on us, the T.O is infamous for closing the gap in the inefficiencies in talent and Georgia's defense isn't consistent enough that they can just look past anyone. (And I honestly believe no homerism intended that GSU could've beat a few teams on UGA's schedule namely Buffalo and probably Florida Atlantic but those teams won't schedule us).

Don't get me wrong I'm not willing to pull a Joe Namath and call the upset but Georgia needs a quality win Saturday if they want to stay in the NC hunt and I don't think Coach Richt wants to take the chance that this game is even remotely in doubt in the fourth quarter and this GSU team has more speed and better defense than the one you guys (The Tide) saw last year (albeit without Jaybo they haven't shown imo to be as fundamentally sound.)

I'm just saying this isn't our first SEC showdown :P

Johnathan+Bryant+Georgia+Southern+v+Alabama+fbrDQJMIq3rl.jpg

In all honesty we are much more prepared for the triple option then you think. You do know we play Tech every year right? and shut them down every year, even that year no one else could.

And no we dont need a big win to stay in the NC hunt we just need to beat you be that by 1 or 90 if we beat Bama and 2 of either Oregon, Notre Dame, or KState lose we got to the NC. Outside of that there is no way for us to go.

I do agree that UGA will prepare properlly because next week we play Tech whom as you knowruns 8the Option so no matter who we are preparing for itll be 80-85% Option with a little Bama sprinkled in.

In all honesty we are much more prepared for the triple option then you think. You do know we play Tech every year right? and shut them down every year, even that year no one else could.

And no we dont need a big win to stay in the NC hunt we just need to beat you be that by 1 or 90 if we beat Bama and 2 of either Oregon, Notre Dame, or KState lose we got to the NC. Outside of that there is no way for us to go.

I do agree that UGA will prepare properlly because next week we play Tech whom as you knowruns 8the Option so no matter who we are preparing for itll be 80-85% Option with a little Bama sprinkled in.

Alright having grown up a Georgia fan I still consider myself one but WE MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT SHUT DOWN GEORGIA TECH's OFFENSE EVERY YEAR. What games have you been watching?

31-17 W

42-34 W

30 24 W

42-45 L

Thats not shutting them down, thats outscoring them.

And if we (or you if you prefer) let the Eagles hang around in this one, the anti SEC contingent (and make no mistake they exist.) is going to attempt to beat you over the head with it should you find youself in any significant position after the SEC championship game.

Alright having grown up a Georgia fan I still consider myself one but WE MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT SHUT DOWN GEORGIA TECH's OFFENSE EVERY YEAR. What games have you been watching?

31-17 W

42-34 W

30 24 W

42-45 L

Thats not shutting them down, thats outscoring them.

And if we (or you if you prefer) let the Eagles hang around in this one, the anti SEC contingent (and make no mistake they exist.) is going to attempt to beat you over the head with it should you find youself in any significant position after the SEC championship game.

The year we lost to Ga Tech was the first yearr we played them with the Triple Option, Year two yes we shut them down we made them throw therefore shutting down the run same with last year we MADE them throw so yes weve shut them down the past three years, year one no but after that except maybe 2010 but still wed have one that game by more without the turnovers.

The year we lost to Ga Tech was the first yearr we played them with the Triple Option, Year two yes we shut them down we made them throw therefore shutting down the run same with last year we MADE them throw so yes weve shut them down the past three years, year one no but after that except maybe 2010 but still wed have one that game by more without the turnovers.

Another thing to consider is no matter how bad the Jackets are, the Dawg players are almost always fired up to play them. Its a pretty big rivalry for them. While for the Eagle players Georgia is the great rival empire worthy of a 100% effort, to most of these Georgia player's this is just another FCS team.

Now this' years Georgia defense, has already been well documented for their inconsistent focus and effort against teams both big and small. Back to my original point if Richt and coach Grantham don't get their guys to take this game seriously they may find themselves unexpectedly punched in the mouth. (As happened to a much better Bama defense last year) For the GSU players this is their Superbowl and best chance to show scouts what they can do against an NFL caliber football team.

All that said, failing a slew of turnovers I expect Murray to come close to if not exceed some of his career highs. This has been a solid GSU defense all year but they're simply going to be out matched there.

Atl falcon 89,

Since ur a GSU fan, had there been any push from the Athletic Department to schedule GT?? I wouldn't mind seeing Paul go against his former team!! Maybe he's just scared their option is better than his.

I understand they're coming up on the schedule sometime in the next few years. The real question I'd have to wonder is will Paul Johnson and his triple option still be there? Their might be some players on the current tech roster suiting up in blue by then if thats the case.cool.png

I wouldn't mind a crack at Georgia State either. We're sick of them calling themselves the "real GSU" when they've accomplished nothing. Probably wouldn't be much of a contest though they seem to be regressing after their modest start.

Jaybo graduated. Right now we're using a two quarterback system of Jerrick Mckinnon and Ezai Youyute. Youyute(nickname "Youtube") actually has FBS speed and a decent arm but he's had problems reading the pitch so after the first loss this year Jerrick has been getting the majority of the snaps.

I haven't heard anything but I think there's a good chance we end up with Vlad Lee next year if Paul Johnson gets canned. (Would prolly depend on where PJ ended up and if how many of his guys would follow him.)

What about the Swope kid? He impressed me a lot last year. Really hard runner.

May be tough though without Jaybo. He really ran that offense well from what I saw.

What about the Swope kid? He impressed me a lot last year. Really hard runner.

May be tough though without Jaybo. He really ran that offense well from what I saw.

He missed the last few games with a concussion (really could have used him against App State) but came back and torched Howard with just a few limited carries. 4 carries 98 yards 2 TDs.

Not sure what his availability for Saturday is. These FCS teams have alot more leeway to play secretive with their injury reports.

Sure could use this kind of production again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orQ0vbYBvEw

IF i recall, It seems GSU has had some problems with fumbles from the couple of games I've watched. Can't afford to have turnovers against UGA. Pass defense for the eagles has looked average at best vs the FCS offenses let alone Aaron Murray picking them apart.

UGA 38

GSU 14

It's extremely silly to predict GSU to kick any FG's because they pretty much have the worst kicking game in college football

Richt already commented that if we don't take GSU serious they will embarrass us. Glad he recognizes it. We have to maintain the attitude we've played with since the Florida game and carry it through GSU, Tech, and into the Dome in December.

It's true the Georgia d has been inconsistent, but not so much in the past few weeks. I don't see how anyone in Georgia familiar with college ball at all would overlook GSU... and I'm sure some of the UGA players have friends or former teammates on the team. So I don't think UGA will sleepwalk through this... certainly hope not with all that could be on the line.