Sometimes A Running Back Has To

falcon124

Make his own yard. Does Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch will that yard. I think so. I like Turner. I think it's time to change the rotation for a game or a half at least. Give Snelling a start. Have Rodgers back him up and let Turner watch for a while. Maybe pissing him off will help. Go FALCONS!!!

I just don't see that ferocity when we need it most. Snelling is not in Lynch or Peterson's league. Not even close but he does hit a hole as hard as he can. I think we get that TD if he carried the ball. We need a new big back next year for sure but we need to short term fix it this year so we can get that yard in the playoffs.

Make his own yard. Does Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch will that yard. I think so. I like Turner. I think it's time to change the rotation for a game or a half at least. Give Snelling a start. Have Rodgers back him up and let Turner watch for a while. Maybe pissing him off will help. Go FALCONS!!!

The DUI helped. He ran with so much aggression 2 games after the DUI. I say get another DUI, Turner! rolleyes.gif

I like Quizz but we've seen him get pancaked a couple of times straight up the gut. His money is made in screens and on the edge. He'll break some ankles in space.

I've seen Warrick Dunn get pancaked too. He was still good between the tackles. All NFL RBs pretty much get stonewalled on 1 of every 3 or 4 carries. Even the Bus got stuffed plenty straight up the gut. Running up the middle is as much about vision as it is size and power. You have to find a 8 inch seam and turn it into 3 yards.

We can't go wrong by giving Quizz a shot. If it is a given defenders live in you backfield, go with mobility.

That said, I think we have problems bigger than who is running the ball. Too many defenders in holes too early. Yes RBs have to win some battles, but they should not routinely see defenders on their side of the football at them moment they get the ball. Yes, you have to beat that occasionally. However, it should not be the routine situation.

at least they have to honor something when there back there, they do way more than rush, they make defenses account for something, they make focus go toward the possibilities, they give matt a safety valve in the event one of three HOF cats are coverd up for a rare play, and they offer big hit potential on a play that would normally be wasted for -2 yds or a broken pass opportunity

I've seen Warrick Dunn get pancaked too. He was still good between the tackles. All NFL RBs pretty much get stonewalled on 1 of every 3 or 4 carries. Even the Bus got stuffed plenty straight up the gut. Running up the middle is as much about vision as it is size and power. You have to find a 8 inch seam and turn it into 3 yards.

We can't go wrong by giving Quizz a shot. If it is a given defenders live in you backfield, go with mobility.

That said, I think we have problems bigger than who is running the ball. Too many defenders in holes too early. Yes RBs have to win some battles, but they should not routinely see defenders on their side of the football at them moment they get the ball. Yes, you have to beat that occasionally. However, it should not be the routine situation.

Turner runs in mud. The hole has to be wide open for him to get up steam. First guy usually makes the tackle on the 2012 version of Turner.

Turner runs in mud. The hole has to be wide open for him to get up steam. First guy usually makes the tackle on the 2012 version of Turner.

I agree. I'm just saying their is a bigger issue...a scheme issue. We have two problems, not just who is running the ball.

Why is it we run 18 times and defenders are all over us 17 times, yet we pass 52 times and Ryan gets sacked once and hit once in the whole game. I don't believe our OL is that inept or they couldn't protect Ryan. I have to believe someone is missing something. Maybe Ryan is calling the wrong line audibles? Maybe our scheme for run blocking doesn't match our athletes? The good news is that it might be something that can get fixed making who ever runs the ball more effective.

It takes a team to run the ball.

Rodgers is awesome. I don't have a problem giving him a shot but he is much more dangerous on the edge and screen game as he has demonstrated. I agree he has a better shot of getting that yard up the gut than Turner but Snelling is almost as big as Turner and does run hard to get you 1 yard.

Rodgers is awesome. I don't have a problem giving him a shot but he is much more dangerous on the edge and screen game as he has demonstrated. I agree he has a better shot of getting that yard up the gut than Turner but Snelling is almost as big as Turner and does run hard to get you 1 yard.

Off topic but every time I see your avatar I have to resist the urge to try and read your posts sidewaysph34r.png