24Hr Rule--On To Arizona...confident?

falcndave

Statistically, it is strength against strength when we have the ball. They are 24th vs. the run (126 ypg), but 2nd in the league vs. the pass (194 ypg). We are 4th in passing offense (293 ypg), and 26th in rushing offense (93 ypg).

When they have the ball, they are dead worst rushing (76 ypg), and 20th passing (209). We pretty much bite at stopping either. (19th vs. pass, 25th vs. run).

The only match up I'm worried about is that their strength on defense is against the only thing we can do on offense.

But here's the thing...

I just think they drew the short straw. They get to come to the Dome when we are angry. As long as we focus that energy, this could be a landslide victory. If we mess around, it will come down to one play inside the two minute warning. I think their weak running game allows Nolan to get creative putting pressure on the QB. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a takeaway or 3 next Sunday.

Guest Negatorris

We win, but it's very little consolation.

This teams problem is mental, and it starts w/ the HC.

Only when it comes to the Saints.

Gladly enough they won't be in the playoffs. 9-1 would consolidate me.

I had to look for myself to see the Cardinals are ranked 2nd in pass defense (pending the outcome of the Steelers game tonight). Because I remember seeing the Cardinals give up 430 yards passing to Ryan Tannehill. But after looking at their schedule I know why they've given up so few passing yards. Look at the QBs they have played.

Week 1 - Russell Wilson (153 yards)

Week 2 - Tom Brady (316 yards)

Week 3 - Michael Vick (217 yards)

Week 4 - Ryan Tannehill (431 yards)

Week 5 - Sam Bradford (141 yards)

Week 6 - Ryan Fitzpatrick (153 yards)

Week 7 - Christian Ponder (58 yards)

Week 8 - Alex Smith (232 yards) (18/19 passing)

Week 9 - Aaron Rodgers (218 yards) (4 touchdowns)

So I think it's just as much the QBs they have face as it is their defense being good.

I had to look for myself to see the Cardinals are ranked 2nd in pass defense (pending the outcome of the Steelers game tonight). Because I remember seeing the Cardinals give up 430 yards passing to Ryan Tannehill. But after looking at their schedule I know why they've given up so few passing yards. Look at the QBs they have played.

So I think it's just as much the QBs they have face as it is their defense being good.

Great post. Thanks for looking that up!

Guest Negatorris

I honestly think because of their lack of a run defense, that teams don't have to throw as much on them. Ryan could probably still have a great day.

I honestly think because of their lack of a run defense, that teams don't have to throw as much on them. Ryan could probably still have a great day.

Week 1 - Russell Wilson - 34 attempts

Week 2 - Tom Brady - 46 attempts

Week 3 - Michael Vick - 37 attempts

Week 4 - Ryan Tannehill - 41 attempts

Week 5 - Sam Bradford - 21 attempts

Week 6 - Ryan Fitzpatrick - 32 attempts (Brad Smith 1)

Week 7 - Christian Ponder - 17 attempts

Week 8 - Alex Smith - 19 attempts

Week 9 - Aaron Rodgers - 30 attempts

So nope. It's not from a lack of attempts.

Week 1 - Russell Wilson - 34 attempts

Week 2 - Tom Brady - 46 attempts

Week 3 - Michael Vick - 37 attempts

Week 4 - Ryan Tannehill - 41 attempts

Week 5 - Sam Bradford - 21 attempts

Week 6 - Ryan Fitzpatrick - 32 attempts (Brad Smith 1)

Week 7 - Christian Ponder - 17 attempts

Week 8 - Alex Smith - 19 attempts

Week 9 - Aaron Rodgers - 30 attempts

So nope. It's not from a lack of attempts.

Consider which games they won(first four), and which ones they lost(last 5). 24 attempts avg for the winning teams, since they didn't have to throw to catch up. We won't either with a good lead.

Consider which games they won(first four), and which ones they lost(last 5). 24 attempts avg for the winning teams, since they didn't have to throw to catch up. We won't either with a good lead.

But only 1 of those first 4 games was a game where the Cardinals had a big lead.

Week 1 - Seahawks - W 20-16

Week 2 - @ Patriots - W 20-18

Week 3 - Eagles - W 27-6

Week 4 - Dolphins W 24-21 (OT)

Whatever, go check the game stats and see they passed a lot due to being close(3 points) or behind. Brady passed 22 times in the 4th. In contrast, 4 of the 5 losses the opposing team won by 7+ points.

You said it wasn't due to a lack of attempts, yet they have the fourth lowest attempts against, and per game.

KC 242

Dallas 271

Pitt 274

Zona 278

Jets 279

Atl 292

Why check individual game stats and ignore the passing apg by team? So they have faced mediocre QB's on average and 4th in fewest attempts even with a OT game. I wouldn't say they are the 2nd best passing defense in the league, top 10 though.