We Were On Our Way To A Blow Out....

Watching Smith get in Asantes *** on the sideline pissed me the **** off. I sat there asking "WTF are you doing Smitty".

Stuff like that hypes us the defense, it get's in the offenses head. We all saw how UGA rushing the field against Florida a few years back set the tone for the entire game.

Sometimes a single 15 yard penalty is worth it if it sets a precedence for the entire game. Smith killed it in it tracks.

I felt that too. I was shaking my head when I saw it. I knew it would have an affect on play. You gotta be up for those games.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay man, I can understand the frustration over losing to the Saints, but now you're falling off the deep end. Get a grip.

That was a garbage call.

It was a BS call, As angry as I was at Asanate about the penalty, I think Smitty might have pushed it too far. He might have messed with the secondary's confidence. I honestly think he is psyched out

It did and I agree with you. They played loose in the second half but they killed the first half after he got on them. I would rather him go over there with that Smitty smile and simply say "Guys we can't have that" and laugh that one off. Even the play calling right after the pick was tight and scary.

I am a Smitty supporter but you describe what would have been the perfect reaction at that

time. The Smitty smile that ain't a smile and a few well chosen words. That thing got going and

there was a two way exchange that bothered me. Asante has come in and become a self-appointed

leader. People are responding to him and it is important for him to stay on board for the duration.

So perhaps I sound like I am advocating giving him special treatment. Nope. Spoon would have gotten

the same in those circumstances I imagine. Nothing personal and at this point I hope it is behind us.

Smitty is not going to back down on penalties and ultimately his players need to get the message.

It is like the guy in Tampa making his guys play the game out. Everybody should know about it by

now.

Edited by LADBABY

thanks for saying that. those guys were establishing a fear factor. I really cannot see Ivory making that run or Graham going off like that if Smith would have left those guys alone.

These type of games you gotta let the testosterone out. It's dog eat dog man vs beast. We came out as beasts and were reduced to men on defense. Let em play sometimes Smitty. At least dont yell at em for that type of penalty in that game.

I am a Smitty supporter but you describe what would have been the perfect reaction at that

time. The Smitty smile that ain't a smile and a few well chosen words. That thing got going and

there was a two way exchange that bothered me. Asante has come in and become a self-appointed

leader. People are responding to him and it is important for him to stay on board for the duration.

So perhaps I sound like I am advocating giving him special treatment. Spoon would have gotten

the same in those circumstances I imagine. Nothing personal and at this point I hope it is behind us.

Exactly. That was a feel good moment that turned into a tense moment. I dont think Ivory makes that play like that if the D was still turnt up off Zonts pick.

These type of games you gotta let the testosterone out. It's dog eat dog man vs beast. We came out as beasts and were reduced to men on defense. Let em play sometimes Smitty. At least dont yell at em for that type of penalty in that game.

so they gave the offense the ball at the 27 instead of the 12, oh woe is us!! if it was me I wou7lda tried to score on the first play too. let em know we came to play! we blew an opportunity to do some damage.

Guys at the end of the day we are 8-1 and will be Lord willing 9-1 after Sunday. Those are grown men out there and if they were affected by Smitty getting in they butt then they need to stop playing football. AS P. Diddy would call it, that is ***** assness and we don't need none of that in our players. Point blank we lost so what we 8-1 and the saints are 4-5. So while they are playing for their playoff lives we on our way.

so they gave the offense the ball at the 27 instead of the 12, oh woe is us!! if it was me I wou7lda tried to score on the first play too. let em know we came to play! we blew an opportunity to do some damage.

Yea true. That was the moment to put the knife in deep. Straight to the endzone. Playaction the way they were loading up on turner.

Meh, They are all grown men, and Asante knows he fked up even though the penalty was BS .......Asante is a pro, he loves it here, there will be no ill will, and I really see no merit in this thread, it had no outcome on the game IMO ........

I think for the rest of the half it tightened their play up. They didn't loosen back up til the 2nd half. Actually the penalty was on Willie Mo. They didn't call it on Zont.

I think for the rest of the half it tightened their play up. They didn't loosen back up til the 2nd half. Actually the penalty was on Willie Mo. They didn't call it on Zont.

I thought it was both of them LOL.....penalty was fkng lame to say the least ....I think it did kill our buzz a little, but I dont think it had a major effect on the outcome or anything .....

I thought it was both of them LOL.....penalty was fkng lame to say the least ....I think it did kill our buzz a little, but I dont think it had a major effect on the outcome or anything .....

Yea we still had our chances to win. It just took some emotion out of there play that you need for a game of this magnitude. Bottom line we missed our opps and they made theirs and with all that we still nearly won. Makes me feel good about our team.

the penalty didn't kill our buzz ... it most likely amped it up. coach Smith killed our buzz. dude just ain't got no dog in him

As much as I dont like the saints when we play Payton has that dog in him and it trickles down to Brees and the rest of that team. Matt has some dog in him. I wanna see Smitty just turn up sometimes.

It was a BS call, As angry as I was at Asanate about the penalty, I think Smitty might have pushed it too far. He might have messed with the secondary's confidence.

I honestly think he is psyched out by the Saints. It worries me.

He is psyched out by the Saints, but we call it voodoo. It can really mess with your head...

I'm really starting to think that Smith doesn't understand the importance of the rivalry with the Saints. I might be reaching and ASSuming a bit here but the one sided dominance by the Saints against us suggest otherwise.

The Saints are in the Falcons head. The Saints know it, fans know it, Falcons know it and you know it. And do you know what's so sad about that? The Falcons can't do anything about it.

It's sad what's become of this "rivalry" smh

I have criticized MS as much as anyone, but not for that loss.

The defensive and offensive weaknesses on the team got exposed last Sun...they've been there all season.

This time we paid for it...as a team.

We often don't run block in critical situations...going as far back as last season.

Last season 3rd NFC2011 rushing def...second to last NFC2012-current

Likewise, the passing rushing solution RE just got sent packing...why blame Smitty

I'm really starting to think that Smith doesn't understand the importance of the rivalry with the Saints. I might be reaching and ASSuming a bit here but the one sided dominance by the Saints against us suggest otherwise.

The Saints are in the Falcons head. The Saints know it, fans know it, Falcons know it and you know it. And do you know what's so sad about that? The Falcons can't do anything about it.

It's sad what's become of this "rivalry" smh

I don't think this incident has anything to do with the Saints rivalry. We had huge

early momentum in a game. This could have been anybody it really had nothing to do

with the Saints except that is who we were playing. The mood changed and performance

went from dominating to being dominated.

Edited by LADBABY