Report: The Sky Is Blue And The Magnetic Poles Have Not Shifted

Radiohead

I know what you all are thinking.

I was astonished to wake up this morning and read this report, but alas, truth cannot be denied.

Falcons fans, this team is 8-1 and still in excellent position to make a run in the Playoffs. The main assurance of this I can convey is Matt Ryan.

-- Something has clicked with him this year and he is just a totally different QB. With our receivers, he is poised to be something special for a long time to come.

The only goal right now is to maintain pace and hanging onto the 1st Overall NFC Seed and ultimately control our own destiny.

Spoon will be back and healthy soon, Smith has further evidence Turner's workload needs to decrease and Rodgers' needs more touches. The defense played poorly in some crucial situations, but overall did more than enough to allow our Offense to pull it out and if even 1 more play had gone our way, we wouldn't be freaking out.

Plus, look at our remaining schedule...

We will be fine.

I hope you're right, but the Falcons bubble of invincibility has just been punctured by a team that has set a new NFL all-time record for putrid defense. That sets an unsettling precedent going into a stretch where we have four more division games and the Giants to deal with. And the glaring problems this team started the season with are no closer to being resolved. But enough gloom and doom. Go smell the flowers and have some Kool-Aide and cookies. Everything is hunky dory.

I hope you're right, but the Falcons bubble of invincibility has just been punctured by a team that has set a new NFL all-time record for putrid defense. That sets an unsettling precedent going into a stretch where we have four more division games and the Giants to deal with. And the glaring problems this team started the season with are no closer to being resolved. But enough gloom and doom. Go smell the flowers and have some Kool-Aide and cookies. Everything is hunky dory.

Which teams in the NFC do look invincible? Do tell.....that Giants team that just got mopped by the 3-5 Bengals? Terrifying. The Bears who couldn't score a single TD? What about those mighty 49ers who tied with the last place Rams?

Invincibility.

Come on man. We were far from invincible and always will be.

This roster has maturity and resiliency.

-- Did yesterday hurt, yes and that was painfully obvious on Smith's face in presser, but look at Ryan.

Cool, calm, collected.

If TG catches a pass he catches 9,999 times out of 10,000, or Turner moves his *** a yard forward, we are fine.

-- Yesterday just brought back haunting memories of last season's failures, but we can get past them.

Which teams in the NFC do look invincible? Do tell.....that Giants team that just got mopped by the 3-5 Bengals? Terrifying. The Bears who couldn't score a single TD? What about those mighty 49ers who tied with the last place Rams?

Finally, thank you man.

Stop attacking the straw man. During our unbeaten stretch you were one of the first people to jump on someone pointing out what was an obvious weakness that needed to be addressed, as if this team could do no wrong and lose to no one. Now that the weaknesses have been fully exploited (by the Saints) you proceed to talk about other teams that have nothing to do with this.

Edited by JerseyNo12

After yesterday I don't like our chances against the Giants, Bears, 49ers, Packers, the Saints the second time around or the Bucs. Our weaknesses outweigh our strengths in match-ups with the elite teams of the NFC and we even had some problems getting past the pathetic Panties during the win steak.

There is not a team in the NFL right now that is " Invicible " LMFAO, if you are looking for invinceability you might as well hang it up because you will always set yourself up to be disappointed, we are a team capable of playing any team in the league and beating them, but we are never going to be " invincible ", that is a fan term, LOL .........

Stop attacking the straw man. During our unbeaten stretch you were one of the first people to jump on someone pointing out what was an obvious weakness that needed to be addressed, as if this team could do no wrong and lose to no one.

You're clueless. Every single NFL team has issues. Sorry if I didn't feel the need to jump on a message board and harp about them when we HADN'T LOST A GAME. How in the h3LL are we supposed to address these issues in the middle of the season? So many issues yet we are still 8-1.

The problem isn't the rest of our regular schedule games, we can handle those, it's the playoffs. Gotta fix run O and run D if we're gonna make a run

After yesterday I don't like our chances against the Giants, Bears, 49ers, Packers, the Saints the second time around or the Bucs. Our weaknesses outweigh our strengths in match-ups with the elite teams of the NFC and we even had some problems getting past the pathetic Panties during the win steak.

Just a week ago you said 'I think this team can hang with anybody." It's hilarious because everybody knew at the first sign of adversity that you'd flop like the little fish you are. You are the definition of a fair weather fan.

Just a week ago you said 'I think this team can hang with anybody." It's hilarious because everybody knew at the first sign of adversity that you'd flop like the little fish you are. You are the definition of a fair weather fan.

Julio kind sir, you are an island of sanity in a sea of utter madness ..these MOFOs are a fkng trip, LOL .......

if you think this team was invincible then it sounds like you have been drinking more powerful "Kool-Aide" than anyone else I have ever read about on this board.

Perhaps your mood swings wouldn't be so wild if you could find a modicum of consistency in your stances.

the "bubble of invincibility" was a fiction created in some of your minds......this team never was invincible and stunned at those who thought the Falcons were invincible...

Yes, I still believe we can hang with anybody, but against the good teams I'm now of the mind that after we hang with them, we'll most likely end up hanging ourselves in the end.