Todd Mcclure Has Something To Say

YoungHeezy

By Michael Cunningham

FLOWERY BRANCH–Falcons center Todd McClure doesn’t want to hear about how Atlanta’s failure to convert short runs for first downs against the Saints yesterday paralleled their inability to do the same in the 2012 playoffs against the Giants.

The Falcons couldn’t convert a third-and-short run in the fourth quarter against the Saints and then opted to try three straight passes at the one-yard line with a chance to win the game. McClure bristled at the suggestion that there were similarities to the Giants game.

“That’s two totally different ballgames,” McClure said. “That’s what [ticks] me off more than anything is you guys are going to write about how bad we are up front and that we can’t get in the end zone. But there’s more to it than just blocking up front, and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

“I get really frustrated when I hear things and read things knowing there’s more to it than five guys up front but we take the brunt of the blame. I don’t want to talk about that anymore because I don’t want to say anything I regret.”

The Falcons managed 46 yards on just 18 carries against the Saints, who were the worst team in the league against the run entering the game. Atlanta running back Michael Turner, who was dropped for a loss of one yard on third down during the penultimate possession, gained just 15 yards on 13 carries.

McClure didn’t elaborate on the issues in the running game but said the struggles are about the offense overall not just the line.

“It is in every aspect of it,” he said. “But we get the ball on the one, we are expected to get it in. I just get frustrated sometimes the past couple years. There’s more to it than just lining up and blocking the guys wherever they line up. And that’s it. I can’t talk about it anymore.”

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he taking shots at someone (or a few people)

Who do you think he is taking a shot at?

I love McClure, but it's not the overall offense. Our quarterback and his receiving weapons are phenomenal. The only people who deserve any blame is Turner or the offensive line. It's one or the other. Take responsibility and rise up.

Sounds like he taking shots at someone (or a few people)

"But there’s more to it than just blocking up front, and that’s all I’m going to say about that."

Koetter & Ryan ...

if he sees team is loading box ..Ryan needs to audible out of HB dive ...simple as that ..Koetter needs to put the personnel on the field that

will allow Ryan to audible out ..

what I dont understand is why didnt we do TACKLE eligible again..it was perfectly ran

"But there’s more to it than just blocking up front, and that’s all I’m going to say about that."

Koetter & Ryan ...

if he sees team is loading box ..Ryan needs to audible out of HB dive ...simple as that ..Koetter needs to put the personnel on the field that

will allow Ryan to audible out ..

what I dont understand is why didnt we do TACKLE eligible again..it was perfectly ran

Start Jacquizz Rodgers

3.7 YPC

6.4 ypc since the bye week (ever since Konz took over at RG). only received more than 3 carries in 4 games this season. also has made loads of huge plays on the receiving end. Michael Turner since the bye week = 3.1 yards per carry, thats even with his misleading 100 yards against dallas

When you can't pick up a yard in a goalline formation there's only so many places you can place the blame and it starts up front.

Of course it would help if we had a back that could bounce it outside or cut back in the other direction if it's not there but that's not Turner's style. When he's in the game the D doesn't need to worry about that... it's pretty much straight ahead with Turner.