Muscogee County Passed Sunday Alcohol Sales - This Was Lost In The Shuffle Of The General Election

Mr. Hoopah!

About freakin' time. Religious groups opposed it, on "safety grounds," and of all strange people the mom and pop liquor stores opposed it. The newspaper interviewed the owners and they said they opposed it because they would lose money on sundays, as they would have to pay employees to work but wouldn't sell enough to cover the expenses. When asked why they simply couldn't stay closed, they said they would lose their competitive advantage.

Boo hoo. Your money v. my individual liberties? That's an easy one.

Also, the incumber District Attorney and Sheriff were both reelected, which is good for our area.

Anyone else not have their county vote on Sunday alcohol sales yet?

I'll probably just buy it from grocery stores, I really doubt I'll ever need a handle of vodka on a sunday afternoon, but it will be nice if I want to go grab a bottle of wine.

Well, aren't we special? Drinking our wines from bottles and all. Where I come from, we drink our wine from boxes and boxes only. And don't even get me started on beers, like the top shelf stuff like Milwaukee's Best.

Well, aren't we special? Drinking our wines from bottles and all. Where I come from, we drink our wine from boxes and boxes only. And don't even get me started on beers, like the top shelf stuff like Milwaukee's Best.

Dave chappelle, is that you?

I didn't know boxes of wine existed till it was mentioned in his between skit segment on his show.

• 3 weeks later...