So Who Has The Guts To Say It?

Trouble

Who has the Guts to answer?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do saints make the playoffs (vote now before the weeks up)

• Yes who dats got this. (falcons win the South but Saints will get a WC)
    • NO chance in **** (Bucs or cowboys or some other team will get it.)

Still leaning towards no, but it's getting closer

If i recall its only been done like 1 time (maybe a couple more). Where a team started so rough and made it. But the road isnt that bumpy from the looks of things. They dont control their own destiny atm though. They need some teams to lose.

I want to see how they do against Oakland. If they come out and dominate, then yes..but if they are flat because of this emotional win, then no. Congrats, they can get up against their biggest rival...but can they do it against the Oaklands and KC's of the world?

Thats why i asked now... its not let plays this week to week. Are the Saints good enough to recover from that start and get the WC spot?

Rock DA VOTE!

The schedule is favorable and 1 team always seems to get hot in the hunt for a wc spot. Dallas owned it until the last week before falling off.

Are the Saints last years Giants?

I gotta go with no. Here is what would have to happen for the Saints to make it.

They could POSSIBLY lose one game, but they would absolutely have to beat NYG, Dallas, and Tampa Bay so they would have those three tie breakers.

Then they would have to hope that one of the three NFC North contenders falls apart (Chicago, Green Bay, or Minnesota)

Vikes would likely fall off..i think they have a brutal schedule the rest of the year. But the saints road isnt lined with roses either. Cowboys have faced some of their toughest games already.

Saints have no room to split with any south teams. Split with Bucs and they are in trouble.

Falcons could screw the saints if those goes in to a race between bucs and saints. Falcons may rest players the last week and the bucs get the 2nd string win.

The Vikes might as well not be mentioned.

REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Bears (7-2), at Packers (6-3), vs. Bears (7-2), at Rams (3-5-1), at Texans (8-1), vs. Packers (6-3)

If the Vikes get in past those teams. They are legit for real.

Now lets look at cowboys:

REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Browns (2-7), vs. Redskins (3-6), vs. Eagles (3-6), at Bengals (4-5), vs. Steelers (5-3), vs. Saints (4-5), at Redskins (3-6)

The saints vs Cowboys game could be a major factor in who gets in. But realistically they have a nice path to the playoffs and very manageable.

Then the Bucs: (my Cinderella team this year).

REMAINING OPPONENTS: at Panthers (2-7), vs. Falcons (8-1), at Broncos (6-3), vs. Eagles (3-6), at Saints (4-5), vs. Rams (3-5-1), at Falcons (8-1)

While looks tough. They get the falcons at home. The last week vs the falcons the falcons will probably sit most of the team. So they will likely get the win there.

Manning and Brees is tough both road games. Once again a key match up for Saints. But still very favorable hunt schedule.

I don't think thry will make it with with the way tampa or seatle is playing right now for the wild card spots.

I forgot about the other nfc north team.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Got hawks, 49`ers, and Giants there as well as bears and falcons.

I was mainly pointing out teams in the hunt with the saints who the saints need to slip up or they need to defeat to get a tie breaker on. Tampa is sliding under the radar but people are taking notice of them now. Do enough to win. What really works in tampas favor is the falcons in the last week. If the Falcons need to win to keep home field that may be different though.

Cowboys are a playoff caliber team who just cant stop shooting themself in the foot.

If the Saints make the playoffs it will be impressive thats for sure. They would likely be the worst record team in so there is a slight chance we could get them for a 3rd time in our house. I would love that. The road to the superdome goes through the Saints in the GA dome. Unless we loss then it would be the history cut that never stops hurting. That would be a all in game for sure.

Has anyone clinched a playoff berth yet? Premature discussion *folds arms*

Way premature...

each team only gets 2 chances at beginning of season for playoff spot, though 6 spots exist.

If they dont win division, they have a 1 in 12 chance of making it.

Right now, the Saints record is only 1 game better than only 3 of those teams.

I think talk of Saints making the playoffs is not only premature, but just plain ridiculous.

Simple concepts like 2nd grade math come into play in times like these.

Edited by NFCS Newbie

Sorry Saints fans, but if the BUCS can keep playing like they have with all the season ending injuries we've had this season, I seriously diubt you'll be able to one up us for the WC spot, even with your win here last month. If you do, more power to you, because I believe most REAL BUC fans are looking to next season for us to make a push deep into the playoffs.