Why Is Everyone So Mad, This Team Is Not A Contender

#1 pick™

It wasn't the case before the loss and isn't the case after the loss either. Can't stop the run, can't run the football. We play too conservative in part because of Ryan but he's becoming elite at what he is so no complains there. I don't know what to say guys. I never thought this team was great from day 1. We are great in the regular season because we are extremely discipline and play as a team but in the playoffs everyone does that and they have more talent than we do. This seems like the same ole finesse Falcons to me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't the case before the loss and isn't the case after the loss either. Can't stop the run, can't run the football. We play too conservative in part because of Ryan but he's becoming elite at what he is so no complains there. I don't know what to say guys. I never thought this team was great from day 1. We are great in the regular season because we are extremely discipline and play as a team but in the playoffs everyone does that and they have more talent than we do. This seems like the same ole finesse Falcons to me.

Goodbye would be good

Our biggest problem is clearly gaining 1 yard. It's absolutely pathetic. We might as well punt on 3rd and 1.

This Falcons team has what it takes to win a SB. I agree with the weaknesses that still remain, but the vertical attack scheme has benifited us greatly. We are 8-1 and if we don't win in playoffs it will be Smitty fault for staying with Turner after he clearly sees after 9 weeks that Turner does not fit this offensive scheme. #2 He needs to realize that our defense can't tackle or stop run and let them do what they were doing best and create turnovers. The big three tackle did not pass the test against a better o-line.

??? It was one game and we lost to a team that isn't that bad, playing to defend their home turf ... and we still could have won with a break. We still have a strangle hold on home field with a bunch of really lousy teams left on the schedule and the saints at home on a Thursday night. The last thing we wanted was to clinch everything too early and lose our edge. re: last years packers. Relax!

Edited by know-it-all

... I never thought this team was great from day 1. ...

to be fair, you also thought that Vick was runner up to Brady in the MVP voting when Vick didn't get a single vote, that Vick had a better QB rating than Ryan on long passes because Vick can throw the ball further, that every pass Ryan completes over 20 yards is just luck, that there's something called occasional pinpoint accuracy, that Newton was already the best player in the NFL, that the Falcons were going to lose to P. manning and Vick this year, so you're not always the best judge of what happens on a football field.

The Giants were embarrassed by the Bengals. The Rams tied the 9er's at home. Chicago is a turnover machine on offense and couldn't score a single touchdown (granted, that was against the 7-1 Texans).

Excuse me if I'm not ready to throw in the towel on the season. We lost by 4 points, away, to an arch-rival that has been coming on strong in recent weeks and is always going to give us their best shot.

I don't know if we'll win a play-off game this year. I really don't. I need to see how we perform against the Saints on TNF, against the Giants, h*ll, even against the suddenly surging Bucs. But I saw nothing to tell me we're going to get bounced or embarrassed like the last two years. We were in it until the end yesterday.

So again, excuse me if I'm not ready to write us off.

All these stupid new post make me realize what I've always known and occasionally say, and that is"Sports Are Just Entertainment And Nothing More". I too don't like how the game ended yesterday, but the next win will make most of us forget. This team is a contender, anyone that says otherwise is a fool. No need to argue, no need to be upset. Maybe the team and coaches will find a way to fix their shortcomings, maybe they won't. All I know is that I've already given to much energy to feeling disappointed about something I can do nothing about.

Yesterdays game while disappointing was also very entertaining.

to be fair, you also thought that Vick was runner up to Brady in the MVP voting when Vick didn't get a single vote, that Vick had a better QB rating than Ryan on long passes because Vick can throw the ball further, that every pass Ryan completes over 20 yards is just luck, that there's something called occasional pinpoint accuracy, that Newton was already the best player in the NFL, that the Falcons were going to lose to P. manning and Vick this year, so you're not always the best judge of what happens on a football field.

laugh.png

It. was. one. game.

8 -1 Still good enough for #1 in the NFC and tied for #1 in the NFL.

I'm sure yer boyz will be in here to back you up soon, though. rolleyes.gif

AnimalslolFunnyAnimaals111318.jpg

OH MAN. I'm going to sound like an insane person when I write this, but whatever. That picture just made my day. In fact, it is now going to be my wallpaper until we win the Superbowl. And here is why:

My mom is as big a Falcons fan as I am (she joined up when I did). And in an early game that was close this year (Denver, I think), I told her over the phone we were going to win. She told me I was counting my chickens before they hatched and that she wouldn't celebrate until the chickens were hatched, fluffy, and strutting around. (Yes, in those words, which I teased her mercilessly for.)

But ever since then, it's become an inside joke when we call each other during games. "Are the chickens fluffy yet? Can we relax?"

Then I come on here this morning all depressed by yesterday's loss, and you have that picture. As far as I'm concerned, it's a sign.

Let's roll indeed. laugh.png

Our biggest problem is clearly gaining 1 yard. It's absolutely pathetic. We might as well punt on 3rd and 1.

Yeah when the only way you can get a 3rd and 1 is a Matty Ice QB sneak then there's a glaring problem. I remember screaming at the tv numerous times "just throw the ball!!" everytime Turner was getting a hand-off between him and our offensive line I am convinced it won't work with him. Put in Quizz WAY more and more Snelling, they won't run a whole lot better but at least they can make people miss when given the chance.