Michael Turner Nickname Thread

Andre5000

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would a fan of this team go out of his way to ridicule a player, who prior to this year has been arguably our most potent offensive weapon? Has he lost a step? Maybe. Has the thought ever occurred to y'all that maybe since we shifted to a more pass orientated offense from the mainly ball control offense we have been accoustomed to in the past, with more emphasis on OL pass protection at the expense of run blocking ability, might be the reason that Turner has struggled?

What really stinks is the Falcons ability to effectivilty run block, and I thought we had turned the corner in that area in the Dallas game against a much superior defensive squad, silly me.

While it is true that we cannot run block, Turner is not helping the cause. He is not the kind of RB that can make people miss in the backfield (which is where most of the defenders are).

Edit: If I had to bet, I'd say he has to be the slowest starting RB with the slowest acceleration in the NFL today. He is fine if he can charge straight forward for a few steps and hit a hole because he is difficult to take down and he'll gain 2 yards while being tackled forward. But he doesn't get that momentum.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would a fan of this team go out of his way to ridicule a player, who prior to this year has been arguably our most potent offensive weapon? Has he lost a step? Maybe. Has the thought ever occurred to y'all that maybe since we shifted to a more pass orientated offense from the mainly ball control offense we have been accoustomed to in the past, with more emphasis on OL pass protection at the expense of run blocking ability, might be the reason that Turner has struggled?

This is tired. We are playing the exact same offensive line we have fielded four 4 years with the only change at right guard. That may be an upgrade in run blocking between Konz and Dahl.

They didnt suddenly forget how to run block. They just physically arent getting it done.

It is difficult to run a 30 year old tired running back behind a 30+ year old tired center.

Mike Turner has carried this team on his back for years and deserves our respect and thanks, but we are beating a dead horse with this run up the middle in short yardage situations.

I thought last year on 4th down would have taught us a lesson.

Edited by LightningFalcon

What really stinks is the Falcons ability to effectivilty run block, and I thought we had turned the corner in that area in the Dallas game against a much superior defensive squad, silly me.

Your not fooling anyone with your run blocking whining when Quizz averaged 9.7 ypc today. He made their defense look like what it really is. Horrible.

Your not fooling anyone with your run blocking whining when Quizz averaged 9.7 ypc today. He made their defense look like what it really is. Horrible.

Right and since he had a career day, I'm sure he will be penciled in as the Falcons starter by Smitty, Gottcha.

It is difficult to run a 30 year old tired running back behind a 30+ year old tired center.

Mike Turner has carried this team on his back for years and deserves our respect and thanks, but we are beating a dead horse with this run up the middle in short yardage situations.

You'd of thought so. Every opponent has known it's going to him on super short yardage plays as well as knowing he's going to carry it on the first O play of the game.

This is tired. We are playing the exact same offensive line we have fielded four 4 years with the only change at right guard. That may be an upgrade in run blocking between Konz and Dahl.

They didnt suddenly forget how to run block. They just physically arent getting it done.

Has Turner, who I believe finished 3rd in the NFL in rushing last yr forgot how to run? The play calling has absolutely nothing to do with Turner's contribution, totally on the OC, 4th and short given the OL limitations, give it to Turner, Mularkey or Koetter, some things never change ands it's frustrating.