Why Did Roddy Stop Running And Decide To Back Peddle On The Long Pass?

Andre5000

the DB was holding on to his hands. Roddy was looking for a flag after the play but didnt get it. Not saying its why we lost, but kinda strange for that to be a no call

On the long pass? I think he was held on the short pass in the EndZone but i watched it and instead of worrying about getting tha call and just running he makes the catch. Doesnt he realize we are playing the Saints, and they have Katrina Refs? They never get penalties called on them at home, especially vs the Falcons

On the long pass? I think he was held on the short pass in the EndZone but i watched it and instead of worrying about getting tha call and just running he makes the catch. Doesnt he realize we are playing the Saints, and they have Katrina Refs? They never get penalties called on them at home, especially vs the Falcons

Katrina Refs ? .....We need to stop making f*cking excuses as fans and just win. The refs didnt stop us from making a f*cking td on the 1yrd line against the worst f*cking defense in the nfl. The refs didnt cover jimmy graham, the refs couldnt get pressure to brees, the refs dont run the ball...Stop with this b*llshit and trying to save this team. We need to play ball and win the games we should...Im f*cking pissed today

He was channeling Mularkey.

I can't blame Roddy. We shouldve never been in that situation.

There's a long line of "Coulda, shoulda wouldas" for that game- from Smith to Nolan to Koetter to Ryan to White to Jones to, pretty much everybody.

Thankfully, all the other division leaders lost or tied too.

Think the Falcons destroy Arizona and then we'll see about TB.

Katrina Refs ? .....We need to stop making f*cking excuses as fans and just win. The refs didnt stop us from making a f*cking td on the 1yrd line against the worst f*cking defense in the nfl. The refs didnt cover jimmy graham, the refs couldnt get pressure to brees, the refs dont run the ball...Stop with this b*llshit and trying to save this team. We need to play ball and win the games we should...Im f*cking pissed today

Calm Down Francis

Well for you all that haven't paid attention to the way the Aints play Roddy: first they get in his head by doing little nagging things to him (pulling his jersey, pushing him in an attempt to get a fight out of him), then they pull on him and paws at his hands running down the field to distract him and that's exactly what they did. By the time Roddy finished hand wrestling with greer on the field and his attempt to get away was a push off, but that was too little too late--ball sailed over his head. Game over.

The ball just kept going and going it seemed like. It's easy to say he should have just kept running when we aren't in the situation. I think Roddy kind of panicked, knowing he needed to make this play and backpedaling sacrificed speed for an easier catch due to a larger target than running and only having his hands to make the catch.