Biggest Problem Remains

Please explain. I'd love to hear your reasoning. I'm dying to hear it! Because from what I see in this thread, I guess I'm not the only sad excuse for a fan. Got a few likes on the OP and others agreeing with the sentiments in the OP. So please, I would love to hear your explanations. Where is the Killer Instinct so many of us wish this team possessed? When has it shown up?

So what you are saying is that your post from 13 whole days ago talking about how this team was different because of it's attitude was a big crock of garbage.

Right?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you said any fan who thinks the team will lose is weak. It was a rant you had, it was hilarious. Don't get amnesia on me now.

I like vel...i think he's one of the better posters on here...having said that though i believe that the posters taking this Saint loss the hardest today are posters who maybe thought that the Falcons were better than they actually are....(paulitik is taking it hard too....and IMO another really good poster).

i hated losing that game yesterday but I'm over it already. i think i'm over it because i have tried (with wavering degrees of success) to see this team for what it was honestly at any one given time.

i thought before the season started that i was looking at a 10-6 campaign...that we would be caught short a couple of potential playmakers because of the price we paid for Julio and the decisions made by the FO to mainly sign our own FAs.

i still believe that...i believe we need another stud on our O-line...probably a RG....a DE to replace the worthless Ray Edwards, potentially a MLB....a hog DT would be nice...I'm looking at the lines mainly....and if Tony does leave we'll need a starting TE too....

I like vel...i think he's one of the better posters on here...having said that though i believe that the posters taking this Saint loss the hardest today are posters who maybe thought that the Falcons were better than they actually are...

There is no question that what you typed there is absolutely true.

The good news is that there is no team in the league that good.

I like vel...i think he's one of the better posters on here...having said that though i believe that the posters taking this Saint loss the hardest today are posters who maybe thought that the Falcons were better than they actually are....(paulitik is taking it hard too....and IMO another really good poster).

i hated losing that game yesterday but I'm over it already. i think i'm over it because i have tried (with wavering degrees of success) to see this team for what it was honestly at any one given time.

i thought before the season started that i was looking at a 10-6 campaign...that we would be caught short a couple of potential playmakers because of the price we paid for Julio and the decisions made by the FO to mainly sign our own FAs.

i still believe that...i believe we need another stud on our O-line...probably a RG....a DE to replace the worthless Ray Edwards, potentially a MLB....a hog DT would be nice...I'm looking at the lines mainly....and if Tony does leave we'll need a starting TE too....

Peyton's just having his fun right now because I called him a p*ssy a few weeks back so he's reaching for everything he can to get back at me but it's not working so he's going to keep going, hoping for a response.

But yes, I may have seen this team to be better than what they were, but how they performed yesterday was not acceptable even with high expectations. We couldn't do the basics of football: block or tackle. We were beat up by a DLine that couldn't beat up anybody prior to Sunday. We couldn't stop the worst rushing attack we've seen. That's what disappoints me. If we don't fix these things, they will continue to plague us and we will lose again the same way.

Peyton's just having his fun right now because I called him a p*ssy a few weeks back so he's reaching for everything he can to get back at me but it's not working so he's going to keep going, hoping for a response.

But yes, I may have seen this team to be better than what they were, but how they performed yesterday was not acceptable even with high expectations. We couldn't do the basics of football: block or tackle. We were beat up by a DLine that couldn't beat up anybody prior to Sunday. We couldn't stop the worst rushing attack we've seen. That's what disappoints me. If we don't fix these things, they will continue to plague us and we will lose again the same way.

that's a fair reading of what happened yesterday....and i didn't mean to inject myself between you and peyton...truth of the matter is that both of ya are two of the more intelligent and decent posters on here...

none of my business really.

You went from being the biggest homer on the board to coming unhinged based on one tough road loss against a division rival. And you completely changed your mind about the team, and won't even acknowledge the post you wrote 13 days ago.

I find your bipolar turn hilarious, I admit it.

I don't find your opinion of today objectionable in any way, but I do find it hilarious that it is the exact opposite of the opinion you had about this team 13 days ago.

Emotions and opinions can change without notice or warning. Fans, certainly myself included, tend to let the latest game dictate how we currently feel about our team, which can be drastically different from how we felt about them in the preceding game.

Emotions and opinions can change without notice or warning. Fans, certainly myself included, tend to let the latest game dictate how we currently feel about our team, which can be drastically different from how we felt the preceding game.

Yes....our fans are way too reactionary. Especially this week. I don't mind that as much, it's just the arrogant "I am rarely wrong" ones that crack me up.

Vel wrote 13 days ago that this team is different than all the rest because of it's "attitude". Now he says they are the same because they haven't shown any "killer instinct".

C'mon now, that is a hilarious turnaround, I can't be the only one that thinks so.

Please explain. I'd love to hear your reasoning. I'm dying to hear it! Because from what I see in this thread, I guess I'm not the only sad excuse for a fan. Got a few likes on the OP and others agreeing with the sentiments in the OP. So please, I would love to hear your explanations. Where is the Killer Instinct so many of us wish this team possessed? When has it shown up?

Have you not seen the times that Smitty goes for it on 4th down? How about Nolan vs. Manning on Monday night? How about Dunta hitting folks hard over the middle? How about Tony G muscling his way to the ball? How about all the deep balls we've been throwing? How about the fact we're friggin 8-1? Who gives a rats arse about killer instinct. You ever been to a falcons game in '86 when when we really sucked and were a part of the smallest crowd to ever watch an nfl game in the modern era? I was. And sir, THOSE years and many others we had no killer instinct. Grow up. This was just one loss.

Yes....our fans are way too reactionary. Especially this week. I don't mind that as much, it's just the arrogant "I am rarely wrong" ones that crack me up.

Vel wrote 13 days ago that this team is different than all the rest because of it's "attitude". Now he says they are the same because they haven't shown any "killer instinct".

C'mon now, that is a hilarious turnaround, I can't be the only one that thinks so.

13 days ago did I write "Killer Instinct" in that OP? They are a more confident team. But keep having your fun. It's hilarious.