We Were At The 1 Yard Line

FalconPio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it while watching the game. If quizz didnt score on his nifty run, we were not going to score. Something the Saints do in the redzone at the goal line we cant run, and our normal routine throw the ball to Tony or Roddy on the back numbers isnt working. Need to work on Fade route to Julio and some other options like the bubble screen on the goal line. Running it on goal line is not getting it done.

our red zone play calling and execution was awful. don't get me wrong, im thrilled mularkey is gone, but those play calls made me think mike smith has more to do with that kinda stuff than we think.

remember they didnt toss out the old play book they added additions, and changed the play calling doctrine sorta... from time to time that ugly ugly roll out, and that redzone offense shows its face. The rememdy? let koetter call the game and have smith stop interjecting.

Smitty's favorite formation. Couldn't convert a measly 4th and inches with it though...

I have to ask Falcons fans to be real for a minute. Be cool and try to be objective bc I was at the game and couldn't tell. Referring to those couple plays on the goal line. Do you guys think the Falcons blew it, the Saints D stepped up, or a combination? I ask cuz I saw Greer and Jenkins both make excellent plays tipping the ball away but I couldn't make out the run plays. Did Turner slip or what happened there. Also, I know we gave up big chunks of yards but that was expected from your potent offense so, do you guys think the Saints D is becoming mediocre rather than just plain ol' bad? Please save the Katrina Refs comments or any of that garbage.

I have to ask Falcons fans to be real for a minute. Be cool and try to be objective bc I was at the game and couldn't tell. Referring to those couple plays on the goal line. Do you guys think the Falcons blew it, the Saints D stepped up, or a combination? I ask cuz I saw Greer and Jenkins both make excellent plays tipping the ball away but I couldn't make out the run plays. Did Turner slip or what happened there. Also, I know we gave up big chunks of yards but that was expected from your potent offense so, do you guys think the Saints D is becoming mediocre rather than just plain ol' bad? Please save the Katrina Refs comments or any of that garbage.

falcons blew it plain and simple with the playcalling down there

Your team whipped us in the trenches on both sides of the ball, ya'll deserved to win ......

bad Oline play. Its almost like they completely missed an assignment. Soon as Turner or Quizz got the ball the presence in the interior line was a saint defender at or below their knees. They would get hit in the legs and if that didnt take them down the rest of the interior line crumbling brough the runner down. The inside of our line was terrible, when the saints got pressure it came from that same position all game. To add to that crowd noise may have had a huge play in that they were not getting off the snap well at all.

Edited by SPITFIRE

Being as real as can be. It's a hard pill to swallow, but we can't convert short yardage plays on the ground. We got a QB sneak, miraculously, but those are once in a blue moon. There's a number of factors: not good enough push by the O-line, not hitting the hole hard or fast enough, etc, etc...

Edited by JerseyNo12

Your team whipped us in the trenches on both sides of the ball, ya'll deserved to win ......

That's nice to hear bud. Thanks. Btw, my crew hooked up with some Falcons fans and had a great time. Good dudes. I know some of you hate this city but these guys loved it. From what I saw, they took some expected good natured ribbing before and after the game but were treated well. Which was nice.

That's nice to hear bud. Thanks. Btw, my crew hooked up with some Falcons fans and had a great time. Good dudes. I know some of you hate this city but these guys loved it. From what I saw, they took some expected good natured ribbing before and after the game but were treated well. Which was nice.

nah, always enjoyed meeting you Bayou boyz, you all OK in my book .....

I said it while watching the game. If quizz didnt score on his nifty run, we were not going to score. Something the Saints do in the redzone at the goal line we cant run, and our normal routine throw the ball to Tony or Roddy on the back numbers isnt working. Need to work on Fade route to Julio and some other options like the bubble screen on the goal line. Running it on goal line is not getting it done.

You say that as if Turner was effective from outside the redzone.

Our OL is made of wimps. They have no pride or determination to get a push. Once again, we need to overhaul the entire OL. Need to replace Turner as well. He's done. No more running in the red zone. A run is a wasted chance.

I got to say guys, Quizz is the real deal and definitely needs more playing time. I knew he was short but had no idea he was so f'ing thick. Not Turner thick, lean thickness and has the moves. Like a much thicker Sproles with the same speed. Is he and Sproles the same height?