Don't Apologize For This Loss. Demand Accountability.

paulitik

This should've been an easy win. That was the worst D in the league.

With this loss, we let our worst enemy knock us off our high horse. They have swept us twice, including win a Super Bowl since Smitty has become our coach. Drew Brees humiliated us last season on National TV but running up the score and breaking a record that he could've the next week.

Not only did we suffer a huge psychological loss, we let the Saints get back in the playoff race. We let the Bears get the advantage in homefield advantage. We let Tampa back in the race for the Division.

We let the Saints beat us by exploiting the most obvious weaknesses. We couldn't stop the run. Our depleted LB corps couldn't stop Jimmy Graham, who shouldve been the focus of our Defense. We let him get wide open way too many times. We couldn't convert 3rd and shorts, or 4th and shorts on the ground. We let a team beat us, but giving them everything they needed to beat us.

We are all very sensitive to how we are covered and respected by the media. This loss only proved them right. Don't accept this. Demand accountability.

"RIse Up" has to be more than a catchy motto. It's time to live it.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but we've had games like this before. we got humiliated by the Packers and we had the chance to get revenge and got humiliated again ... in our house on National TV. turn the page. we go up against a team with the worst defense in the league and can't convert on whatever & 1 & whatever & goal. I can't see coach Smith leading this team to a Super Bowl. I hope I'm wrong shoot I pray I'm wrong but this was not the game to lose. it don't matter how we lost it, we effin lost!

I'm sorry but we've had games like this before. we got humiliated by the Packers and we had the chance to get revenge and got humiliated again ... in our house on National TV. turn the page. we go up against a team with the worst defense in the league and can't convert on whatever & 1 & whatever & goal. I can't see coach Smith leading this team to a Super Bowl. I hope I'm wrong shoot I pray I'm wrong but this was not the game to lose. it don't matter how we lost it, we effin lost!

It's absolutely unforgivable. It tells all of us, that the Falcons have not done what it takes to change. If you can't win this game, how do we have any faith to win a playoff game? The fanbase needed this win. Smitty failed us.

It's absolutely unforgivable. It tells all of us, that the Falcons have not done what it takes to change. If you can't win this game, how do we have any faith to win a playoff game? The fanbase needed this win. Smitty failed us.

Big time. . . . I needed this win!

Edited by joenate

Dam man losing to the Saints really gets to you haha, understandable

I'm pissed because this game looked like January to me.. Weaknesses exposed. Oline pressured by 4 man rush, can't run the ball, can't convert short yard situations, subpar in red zone. Can't stop the run, poor tackling, and susceptible to the big play

I never expected us to go undefeated, but we could have. how many times have we been up in arms about teams only to get let down? and this was a regular season game, this was a game to make a mark and tell the Saints, we are not the same Falcons, which in effect would have made a statement to the league. and just like that ... reality. and for the record the sky hasn't fallen, we can still make a deep run in the play-offs, I'm just not as confident as I was

The Saints always play us tough. Yeah it sucks to lose especially with the whole bounty gate thing and them missing S.Payton but what can you say... It happens. All that I can do as a fan is remain optimistic and hope that these issues won't doom us when it really matters in January. We'll see the Saints again in 2 1/2 weeks hopefully we get them back *shrug*

Good lord. Some people just shouldn't watch football.

Dude. It's the Saints. Do you think any of us would be this upset if the Lions beat us? We have let the Saints humiliate us again and again, with the same conservative, timid game plan over and over again.

Smitty's percentage based, cautious calculating gameplans do us no favors in games like this. This was a game we had to have, and we gave it away. I'd rather go 10-6 and make the playoffs than 15-1, with the loss to the Saints. We have to prove we can beat the demons in this team's head. There is no excuse for this loss. None.

I'm serious Coop. This went from being a special season, to just another season we make the playoffs. A playoff win isn't enough anymore. We have to win it all now.

Now, the O-Line will work on run-blocking and Rayan will be sacked 5 times by Arizona..Lol..They can't seem to do both.

Still Turner is too big for a passing-potent offense..

The OTs rock-back to fake pass-protection in these types of offenses..

OGs and Cs trap..Holes aren't big enough..

He can't bounce outside...

Dam man losing to the Saints really gets to you haha, understandable

I'm pissed because this game looked like January to me.. Weaknesses exposed. Oline pressured by 4 man rush, can't run the ball, can't convert short yard situations, subpar in red zone. Can't stop the run, poor tackling, and susceptible to the big play