What I Think And For What It's Worth...

Supes™

I hate it, but I'm not surprised. The Falcon's - Saint's rivalry is the most underrated rivalry in the NFL and it's been that way for 40+ years. Our boys fought hard in the 2nd half and made it close, but if you can't tip your hat to Drew Brees and his Saints for a (mostly) clean victory,...well,....I'm just sayin'.

Come January, the Saint's and all their fans will be sitting at home watching the Falcons march in the playoffs on their way to the Big Dance. So if this is the high water mark for the Saints this season, let 'em have it. Besides that, we'll see 'em in a few weeks in OUR HOUSE, and pay-back, as we all know,...is a BEYOOOTCH! It could well be the game that ends their playoff hopes.

It was a great game out of a great rivalry and I for one expected nothing less. Our boys are 4 - 1 on the road. "Split your road games and win your home games = success."

We're good. cool.png

However,.....we're missing a running game and that's disturbing, very disturbing. Is it Turner, or is it the O-Line? You tell me.....

To be honest it's probably "underrated" because the Saints beat us every time

But yeah regular season doesn't mean anything to this team anymore it's all about playoffs for us

They've pretty much owned us under Smitty, but I don't fault us so much for that. The Saints have been very good over the past decade or so.

But yeah, it's all about the playoffs, baby!

I hate it, but I'm not surprised. The Falcon's - Saint's rivalry is the most underrated rivalry in the NFL and it's been that way for 40+ years. Our boys fought hard in the 2nd half and made it close, but if you can't tip your hat to Drew Brees and his Saints for a (mostly) clean victory,...well,....I'm just sayin'.

Come January, the Saint's and all their fans will be sitting at home watching the Falcons march in the playoffs on their way to the Big Dance. So if this is the high water mark for the Saints this season, let 'em have it. Besides that, we'll see 'em in a few weeks in OUR HOUSE, and pay-back, as we all know,...is a BEYOOOTCH! It could well be the game that ends their playoff hopes.

It was a great game out of a great rivalry and I for one expected nothing less. Our boys are 4 - 1 on the road. "Split your road games and win your home games = success."

We're good. cool.png

However,.....we're missing a running game and that's disturbing, very disturbing. Is it Turner, or is it the O-Line? You tell me.....

And you will score 50 points on us because we ran the score up on you last year blah,,,blah,,,blah oh wait. you were going to do that this game,,,right,,,ok

Besides that, we'll see 'em in a few weeks in OUR HOUSE, and pay-back, as we all know,...is a BEYOOOTCH! It could well be the game that ends their playoff hopes.

I'm far, FAR from throwing in the towel on the season ... and you know me, Supes, I'm not generally a pessimist.

But I must say this: it seems like EVERY Saints game, we go into with comments like the above, both from our fans and from a few of our more outspoken players! Time after time, we talk about revenge and payback. And, time after time, we don't deliver.

Why should I believe the TNF game will be any different?

We're good. cool.png

Supes. . . .welcome back, bro!

Your thread/initial post is very motivating, inspiring, and inspirational. This is THE BEST thread created all day today.

Thank you, Supes!

I'm far, FAR from throwing in the towel on the season ... and you know me, Supes, I'm not generally a pessimist.

But I must say this: it seems like EVERY Saints game, we go into with comments like the above, both from our fans and from a few of our more outspoken players! Time after time, we talk about revenge and payback. And, time after time, we don't deliver.

Sweetie, it's the Falcons and Saints. We'll get ours in a few weeks.

Bottom line,...it's rivalries like this that makes football fun. Yeah,...even when you lose. It's a lot like life.

You must be a new Falcons fan?

If so, welcome. . . glad to have you

We're good. cool.png

Thank you Supes. I have been a fan since before most of these folks were born. I understand the emotion of this lost. I am sick to my stomach. However, I also know that you have spoken the truth. Thanks for the perspective. Only losing to the Saints can cause a loss of focus on a 8-1 record.

To be honest it's probably "underrated" because the Saints beat us every time

But yeah regular season doesn't mean anything to this team anymore it's all about playoffs for us

Let's see, currently the record is that we've lost 11 of the last 13 meetings since 2006, when Drew Brees joined New Orleans. I'm not so much mad that we had our first loss, but just that it was TO THE SAINTS OF ALL TEAMS!

Edited by JerseyNo12

Good post. Gotta look at the positives.

Being angry and negative over something you can't control is bad for your health. Enjoy the wins and move on from the losses.

Doesn't mean Im not disappointed in turner and the run game... And I'll never say anything good about the saints... But, meh. 8-1... We're in a good spot.