Statement Games Matter

coastiemike

A lot of people keep posting we only have one loss and we are still 8-1. The Packers were 15-1 last year and were one and done. Make no mistake, this was a statement game today. We lost. Our team does not have the confidence and doesn't think we can beat the Saints on any given Sunday. We went up 10-0 quickly and then we quickly went to a game plan of trying not to lose.

We needed this game for our team's psyche. Let me ask this. What happens if the Saints stay hot and end up playing the in the playoffs? You don't think an 11-2 record by Brees over this team matters? If not, you are fooling yourself.

If we lose to the Chargers or Cardinals or Broncos is year, it doesn't matter as much. That is when losing only one game because you aren't going undefeated 16-0 for a regular Season.

Make no mistake, a win today was a must win, if for nothing else but to boost the confidence of our team. A win next week doesn't do anything to improve this team's psyche. That team truly sucks and has no shot at anything.

Letting the Saints back into the playoff race is a very bad thing, and if we do face them in the playoffs, that is not a good thing.

Statement games matter and we lost our first statement game of the year. We have two more statement games left this season - Saints and Giants. If we don't win both of those, I don't care what or regular season record is. We probably aren't making it past our first playoff game this year.

A lot of people keep posting we only have one loss and we are still 8-1. The Packers were 15-1 last year and were one and done. Make no mistake, this was a statement game today. We lost. Our team does not have the confidence and doesn't think we can beat the Saints on any given Sunday. We went up 10-0 quickly and then we quickly went to a game plan of trying not to lose.

We needed this game for our team's psyche. Let me ask this. What happens if the Saints stay hot and end up playing the in the playoffs? You don't think an 11-2 record by Brees over this team matters? If not, you are fooling yourself.

If we lose to the Chargers or Cardinals or Broncos is year, it doesn't matter as much. That is when losing only one game because you aren't going undefeated 16-0 for a regular Season.

Make no mistake, a win today was a must win, if for nothing else but to boost the confidence of our team. A win next week doesn't do anything to improve this team's psyche. That team truly sucks and has no shot at anything.

Letting the Saints back into the playoff race is a very bad thing, and if we do face them in the playoffs, that is not a good thing.

Statement games matter and we lost our first statement game of the year. We have two more statement games left this season - Saints and Giants. If we don't win both of those, I don't care what or regular season record is. We probably aren't making it past our first playoff game this year.

I feel your sentiment, and acutally agree with some of your assertions; however, Supes said it best in his thread. . . . we gotta keep our heads up and keep moving on.

If you hate this team all that much why don't you just go a be a fan of a team you like better?

I don't hate this team. Please point out where I said that. I travel from Seattle to Atlanta for four home games a year, and I travel from Seattle to wherever for four away games a year. How about read what I wrote instead of just spouting I hate the team?

I've been to 5 Falcons games is year,. How any have you, been to?

LOL @ some people still thinking the Saints can make the playoffs. I guess most of you didn't do your math homework growing up.

An 8-0 team needed a confidence boost? LOL I swear some of you people don't even follow this football team at all. They won't even be thinking about the Saints tomorrow. **** they have probably already moved on to focusing on the Cardinals.

We really need IQ tests for starting thread privileges.

Edited by JBourneMurkedU

I don't hate this team. Please point out where I said that. I travel from Seattle to Atlanta for four home games a year, and I travel from Seattle to wherever for four away games a year. How about read what I wrote instead of just spouting I hate the team?

I've been to 5 Falcons games is year,. How any have you, been to?

How many have I been to? I've had season tickets with the exception of two seasons since 1966.

LOL @ some people still thinking the Saints can make the playoffs. I guess most of you didn't do your math homework growing up.

I dont see how they make it in. . . . . 4-5. . . with 7 more games and four of those @ ATL, DAL, SF, NYG, and they still have to play CAR and TAMp again. They lose two or three more, they are out. .

How many have I been to? I've had season tickets with the exception of two seasons since 1966.

Then you should know this loss hurts the confidence of this team more than any other game we've played this season. Is this loss worse than if we would have lost to the Panthers or Raiders? Be honest now.

An 8-0 team needed a confidence boost? LOL I swear some of you people don't even follow this football team at all. They won't even be thinking about the Saints tomorrow. **** they have probably already moved on to focusing on the Cardinals.

Oh good. Another blind homer. What makes you think this team is any better than a 13-3 home playoff team against the Packers? I'm waiting..... Maybe it's our stellar ability to stuff the run, or our amazing ability to convert 2nd or 3rd and goal. Please enlighten us with your amazing football IQ.

Does 8 wins get you into the playoffs? I guess if you are Seattle it does. Will 8 wins get you in the playoffs the year?

What are you even saying?

You wanted a "statement" win for who? Media purposes?

What was the "statement" win for last year's 9-7 giants team?

What was the "statement win" for the 18-0 new england patriots?

As Matt Ryan said, the goal is to be playing your best football when it matters.

As Matt Ryan said, the goal is to be playing your best football when it matters.

A statement win against a division rival who is now 11-2 in the last 13 games. Not for the media, for our QB who is now 2-5 agains the Saints.

The statement game for those Giants was against the Eagles (a division rival), then against a 10 win Falcons team in the playoffs, then against a 49ers team on the road to get into the Super Bowl, and then against a New England team to win the Super Bowl.

When was the last time this team had a statement game to even come close to ANY of those wins? Lambeau field in 2004?

Homework history suggests that the falcons will lose their first playoff game AGAIN this year. Not much math needed to get there....

Which may suggest IQ tests are needed fore reply's like yours.....

Trailing by four in the game's final minutes, theFalcons marched 79 yards to the Saints' 1, but were unable to crack the end zone from point-blank range on three consecutive plays. On fourth-and-goal from the 2, Ryan's end-zone throw to Roddy White was knocked away by cornerback Jabari Greer.

That was not the best football when it mattered mate.....we choked yet again v/s our arch nemesis. Thats the statement or confidence booster we needed to get that monkey off the the back. Above play will continue to hound them in playoffs if they don't beat Saints or Giants handily in few weeks.

Oh good. Another blind homer. What makes you think this team is any better than a 13-3 home playoff team against the Packers? I'm waiting..... Maybe it's our stellar ability to stuff the run, or our amazing ability to convert 2nd or 3rd and goal. Please enlighten us with your amazing football IQ.

Blind homer? Saints aren't making the playoffs that's math kind of like 2+2=4 get it? Are you seriously talking about a team 2 seasons ago? Move on with your life that team has nothing to do with this team. Still trying to figure out anything I said that was homer like? Was making a statement that the Falcons get over losses very quickly confused as being homer because Mike Smith actually has rules in place for that stuff, I mean if you follow the team and all.

Homework history suggests that the falcons will lose their first playoff game AGAIN this year. Not much math needed to get there....

Which may suggest IQ tests are needed fore reply's like yours.....

You're comparing an opinion based on actual mathematical evidence. Mathematically the Saints still have a ridiculously slim chance to make the playoffs. MATH! What the **** is so hard about it?