Chris Ivory

HEIST

Gotta give this guy some props. That one run he got against us was freakin amazing. He is a fun back to watch.

If you think about it, the one big run he got was the difference in the game. Sucks too, because we really hadn't given up a big run like that all season.

I had a post back in, like, June or at maybe in the spring, where I said we should cut Snelling and pick up Ivory, that or get Doug Martin with our third round pick. Granted, Doug went earlier and wasn't projected to go so early at the time, but getting Ivory would have been fantastic. Kid is crazy talented.

Edited by Falcan Moore

Here it is. From my drunken offseason thread which I will not bump because it's also full of more drunken thoughts that are batsh*t crazy.

Now, to discuss some trades we’ll be making FOR other players. This is a bit of a spoiler, as free agents are going to be discussed in part 3, but basically, I’m having us drop Snelling. I love the guy. But we have more urgent needs…and I can fill his spot with a cheaper, more dynamic rusher. I’m not sure that the team in question would be willing to part with him, but they have enough great running backs – running backs that get more carries than him – that they will likely not mind. Not to mention, he comes CHEAP. I am, of course, talking about Chris Ivory.

He’s currently signed to a deal where he’s making just over 300k a year. I say we trade a 6th, promise him more touches (as our FO did say they’d be evaluating Turner more thoroughly), and upgrade his pay to a 5 year, 4 million dollar deal. Basically, we more than double his pay, and the Saints get something out of it…whereas we get a steal. I think he’s a monster, and he’s only 23. When we eventually do stop using Turner, likely in the not-so-distant-future, we’ll be able to give this man a starting job. I think he’s that good.