Matt Ryan

Falconsfan567

I know it's hard to look at positives in a loss but here goes. Ryan played a heck of a game. Can't lay any blame at his feet.

34/52 (65.4%), 411 YDS (7.9), 3 TD, 1 INT - 100.7 QB Rating.

It's the first game the Falcons have ever loss when Ryan has had 3 touchdown passes and first game the Falcons have ever loss when Ryan had a QB Rating over 100.

The 411 yards are the 3rd most in a game in Falcons history.

1. Chris Chandler - 431 vs. Bills in 2001

2. Steve Bartkowski - 416 vs. Steelers in 1981

3. Matt Ryan - 411 vs. Saints in 2012

Link

ryan has definitely taken the next step this season and has become an elite qb. the good thing is that he's only 27 years old and in his 5th year. not many players have been as consistent as ryan has this early in their careers.

hes on pace for 4925 68.5% 7.9 ypa 36 tds 12 ints and the back end of our schedule is loaded with crappy Ds

ryan has definitely taken the next step this season and has become an elite qb. the good thing is that he's only 27 years old and in his 5th year. not many players have been as consistent as ryan has this early in their careers.

hes on pace for 4925 68.5% 7.9 ypa 36 tds 12 ints and the back end of our schedule is loaded with crappy Ds

Ryan already has 5 games this season with 3 touchdown passes. He had only 5 such games all of last season. I don't know what the Falcons record is for 3 touchdown pass games but I'm guessing it can't be much more than 5 in a season.

Ok. Was just able to do some research. A QB throwing for 3 touchdown passes in a game for the Falcons has happened just 79 times. It's pretty pitiful when you think about it. You're talking about less than 2 such games a season for the history of the Falcons franchise. Matt Ryan has done it 16 times in his career. Steve Bartkowski did it just 17 times in his career. So that's another Falcons passing record Ryan is about to overtake.

The record for most 3 touchdown pass games in a season is 6 by Bartkowski in 1981. How in the world did the Falcons not win more games in 1981 with the year Bartkowski had? That was the best season of his career.

Nobody in their right mind can talk bad about Ryan in that game. I think the only thing he did wrong was panic once and throw one off his back foot. He played his heart out and he cannot be any " realistic " mans scapegoat.

His Projected stats are looking to make some eat some words.

Completions - 427

Attempts - 624

Yards - 4926

Comp % - 68.4

Avg - 7.9

TDs - 36

LNG - 63

INT - 12

FUM - 4

QBR - 79.2

Rating - 102.6

I think on a sad note. He is no longer unbeaten after a passer rating over 100.

Nobody in their right mind can talk bad about Ryan in that game. I think the only thing he did wrong was panic once and throw one off his back foot. He played his heart out and he cannot be any " realistic " mans scapegoat.

His Projected stats are looking to make some eat some words.

Completions - 427

Attempts - 624

Yards - 4926

Comp % - 68.4

Avg - 7.9

TDs - 36

LNG - 63

INT - 12

FUM - 4

QBR - 79.2

Rating - 102.6

I think on a sad note. He is no longer unbeaten after a passer rating over 100.

He's no longer unbeaten when throwing 3 touchdown passes. That was more impressive to me. He was 15-0 and the best record ever is 19-0. He almost made it.