Our Defense

Miller2Rison

i think in the second half our defense played well but not so much in the first, nolan is great at adjustments but in order for us to go deep we need to have our defense show up in the first half, we are a much improved team and 8-1 is pretty dam good and we get round 2 at our house. huge texans fan tonight. i would rather take our loss on the rd in the regular season than at home in the playoffs.

Guest Negatorris

Our offense lost this one sorry. He played scared late in the 1st half, and the 3 and outs showed it. Our defense played good vs the Saints IMO. I mean you are NOT going to shut them down 100%.

Good sign we got it on track in 2nd half, for a while it was just like New York in the playoffs.....

The Offense did not lose this one. They did some bad things, but the D put them in horrible positions time and time again. Football is a team game.

our offense literally lost us the game for not punching it in on the goal line and tony g's dropped 4th down conversion but our defense let the saints drive on us in the first half, we played well in the second. i mean matt ryan did throw for 400 yards but we had hardley any running game at all i have supported turner from day 1 but im bout to jump on the cut turner wagon

our offense literally lost us the game for not punching it in on the goal line and tony g's dropped 4th down conversion but our defense let the saints drive on us in the first half, we played well in the second. i mean matt ryan did throw for 400 yards but we had hardley any running game at all i have supported turner from day 1 but im bout to jump on the cut turner wagon

Careful jumping on those bandwagons no telling who you'll be sitting beside and when you lay down with dogs you come up with fleas. Seriously, the lack of threat with the run is concerning. It just popped in my head as I type but why can't we line up with turner and quizz in the backfield a few times. If they load the box run a stretch or play action if not fake the stretch play and give it to turner up the gut. By no means am I saying turn him into a fb just thinking outside the box to get some production.

I can't agree here we got off to a fast start but again if we are to compete with the big boys ie Mannings Brees Brady's Rodgers of the league you can let them stand there or step up and kill you like Brees did to us today and has done to us far to often.

Until this defense gets penetration and consistent pass rush coming from that front 4 I think it could be same old same old..

How long is it going to be until we get Abe some help good god I was crying out for it this off season and still we see glimpse's of how good a coach Nolan is but good god someone please get this man some talent upfront and that will cure this problem we have against top flight QB's.

Not on the offense at all. They put up 27 points. Right at our average. The defense gave up 31. Offense did their job even tho the run game was bad, Defense got man handled in the first half. Poor tackling.

There was plenty of blame to go around. Awful tackling, lack of pressure on Brees, Matty was a touch off in passing accuracy in the red zone and couldn't find the open man a few times, our lack of a run game, some poor play calling, and referee errors from calling a catch incomplete to poor spots for us and generous spots for the aints. Stupid penalties hurt us too. Nothing makes a team more determined than an excessive celebration with almost the whole game left to play. The Saints D came on the field determined to stop us and stop us they did. Nice pick Asante, but please act like you've done it before.