Great Game Falcons Faithful

joe horn

Classic rivalry matchup till the very end. There will be crow served and trash talked, and I think we can all agree some of RC truly has it coming, but this thread is for celebrating the game for what it was, which is a truly memorable episode in this rivalry. Great game.

Classic rivalry matchup till the very end. There will be crow served and trash talked, and I think we can all agree some of RC truly has it coming, but this thread is for celebrating the game for what it was, which is a truly memorable episode in this rivalry. Great game.

yoda-he-ll-fuckin-cut-you-bitch.jpg

This loss stings less than I thought it would. The fight, the resolve... two rivals going toe to toe... us NOT getting blasted out in NO for the first time in a long time. Great win, Saints.

No refs, no excuses. If we had called three straight qb sneaks from 2nd and goal at the 1 inside the two minute warning, I think we could have gotten ya.

I would rather have the ball in Ryan's hands at the end than Brees'.

This loss stings less than I thought it would. The fight, the resolve... two rivals going toe to toe... us NOT getting blasted out in NO for the first time in a long time. Great win, Saints.

No refs, no excuses. If we had called three straight qb sneaks from 2nd and goal at the 1 inside the two minute warning, I think we could have gotten ya.

I would rather have the ball in Ryan's hands at the end than Brees'.

Agree with this... I think turner is done.

Classy post Joe! No excuses from me - NO just made more plays when they had to and their much maligned defense - pardon the pun - rose up! To the victor go the spoils so please enjoy.

It sucks to lose when you have a couple of 1st and goal chances in the 4th qrtr to take the lead and only end up with 3pts, but that is football.

Looking forward to the rest of the year about the Saints, I can't help but think of an interview I heard with Eric Mangini earlier in the week and he talked about how the Saints' D only had to get marginally better for the Saints to get on a run. I agree with that and that's kind of what happened to the Saints' D last year - they got better in the second half of the year.

Despite your 0-4 start, your O is still playing at an awesome level and now your D is showing signs of life. Last week it was the 7 sacks against Philly and this week it was the two 1st and goal stands that preserved the win. Plus today your D-line pushed the Falcons' O-line around on running plays and the front-four did pressure Ryan a bit (although I was generally happy with the protection Ryan received throughout most of the game). If your D can shut down the other teams' run game and make the QB uncomfortable with just a 4-man rush then I say that's all you need to keep a team to under 24 pts and your O can easily cover that.

I see NO fighting with Seattle, Dallas, TB, and one of Chi/GB for the WC spots. I'm not counting my chickens early but the Falcons do have a sizeable divisional lead - let's be honest.

As for the Falcons, the D's inability to stop any running game is really bothersome - heck BVG's soft zone Ds could actually stop the run. Nolan does seem to make good adjustments at half time I've noticed in a lot of games so that gives me hope.

The Falcons have now transitioned from a running team to a passing team. Turner has lost his quick first step and it doesn't help when the defenders are hitting him behind the LOS. The O-line could not move the Saint's D-line on running plays - it wasn't even close!

But there is one very bright spot in this loss for me and that is if the Falcons do become a one-dimensional passing team then it is this version of Ryan, combined with the weapons he has and the OC's play calling that gives me confidence that they can win any game if it is placed solely on Ryan's passing abilities. Down 28-17 he lead them on a 91 yd TD drive and two other possession where they had first and goal - yes they didn't punch it in but that was not on Ryan. All the more why the O-line has to start moving people of the friggin LOS!

So, again congrats Saints and to the classy RC Saints posters, enjoy the win - it was a great game!

All the more why the O-line has to start moving people AND our D needs to learn how to tackle again. This was fixed but we've gone back to being sloppy again.

So, again congrats Saints and to the classy RC Saints posters, enjoy the win - it was a great game!

FIXED

This is the least mad I've ever been after a loss to the Saints. We played hard, fought back, and were a yard away from snatching victory from a hated rival in desperation mode on their own turf.

And, though I think most are unwilling to admit it, the first loss takes a TON of pressure off.

This is the least mad I've ever been after a loss to the Saints. We played hard, fought back, and were a yard away from snatching victory from a hated rival in desperation mode on their own turf.

And, though I think most are unwilling to admit it, the first loss takes a TON of pressure off.

I agree, although the run defense really has me worried. Hopefully, we'll get Spoon back for the Bucs game.

This one really hurts....

But..it's just one game in the standings. Got to remember and hold on to that. Hopefully this will open some ears on things we need to fix and allow Smith to kick some butts. I will be surprised if the Saints play that well against anyone else but us....sigh.