Nothing Will Get Done In Dc Concerning The Financial Cliff Till....

Nono

no authority they just can out of pure hate for losing the election and make Obama and the dems look bad too

As far as I can tell, the only legitimate justification they can make is that they control the House. Yet if it came up to a vote in the House, I'm pretty sure there are enough Republicans who would vote for it that it would pass narrowly. So they won't allow a vote on it in the House or the Senate knowing it could pass.

This strikes me as extremely authoritarian in nature. It's mandating policy without a legitimate governing authority behind that policy.

As far as I can tell, the only legitimate justification they can make is that they control the House. Yet if it came up to a vote in the House, I'm pretty sure there are enough Republicans who would vote for it that it would pass narrowly. So they won't allow a vote on it in the House or the Senate knowing it could pass.

This strikes me as extremely authoritarian in nature. It's mandating policy without a legitimate governing authority behind that policy.

Tax bills must originate in the House. The Republicans can pass legislation and send it to the Senate where it will die.

I find it hilarious that people still think that Obama won because people liked his economic policy, especially when he spent the entire campaign trying distract people from it. Republicans hammered him on economics and he shot back with a war on the uterus and Big Bird.

While the central issue facing the White house/Congress should be to fix the economy, the President should do what his supporters really want and just focus on social issues like Abortion, Immigration, Gay Marriage and Obamaphones, especially if they want to kill off the last of the GOP.

The GOP is wasting their time delaying this vote, no matter what happens (even if we drive off that cliff) it will be ignored by a majority of the people because most of them won't understand what's going on anyway.