Our D Vs Brees

atlbaby

In the past our D has normally created havoc on 1st and 2nd downs but normally gave up too many 3rd and long conversions to the Saints. Rather it was a miss tackle on Brees or BVG just playing in a soft zone. I expect Nolan to correct those issues and stop them from converting in 3rd and long situations. Colston is a possession receiver and he is Brees go to guy. Asante is going to shut that down.

In the past our D has normally created havoc on 1st and 2nd downs but normally gave up too many 3rd and long conversions to the Saints. Rather it was a miss tackle on Brees or BVG just playing in a soft zone. I expect Nolan to correct those issues and stop them from converting in 3rd and long situations. Colston is a possession receiver and he is Brees go to guy. Asante is going to shut that down.

Colston is one of his go-to guys, but you have to account for Jimmy Graham also. How we do on third-and-long is going to be a huge factor in this game.

Brees is a timing QB and we need to disrupt his receivers/TE timing with him off the line. I suspect we may see more man coverages to give the line time to get after Brees. I know this is highly doubtful but I would like Brees frustrated and shut down all day--with a few pickups as well.

This is the only time I will be missing Grimes. Grimes owns Brees. I don't know how Asante plays against Brees, but we know what Grimes does in the Super Dump. I don't think Brees is going to light us up though. We didn't forget him breaking the record on us. With a guy like Nolan, I bet he challenged the guys to play their best games yet. He's going to get after Brees and force him to win with Henderson or Moore have a career day.

I'm confident that the Falcons are going to move the ball and score on the Saints, and with consistency. But I'm not confident the Falcons are going to be able to stop the Saints. I'd feel a lot better if Weatherspoon was playing. I think the Falcons are going to have to keep scoring all day to win this one.

I'm confident that the Falcons are going to move the ball and score on the Saints, and with consistency. But I'm not confident the Falcons are going to be able to stop the Saints. I'd feel a lot better if Weatherspoon was playing. I think the Falcons are going to have to keep scoring all day to win this one.

I agree. I'd be shocked if the Falcons O don't make 5-6 trips to RED Zone in this game....

Does anyone else feel that the Saints offense is not all that great anymore? They are averaging 27 points a game and due to their terrible defense, have had to score as much as possible on offense. They are ranked 2nd in passing yards and 29th in rushing yards. How lopsided is that? Keep in mind, they have played a lot of poor defenses, as well.

They have had injury issues on offense as well that has hurt their o line and receiving core, also. This is likely a contributing factor.

So i wonder, how good is there offense really? I have to give them the benefit of the doubt here, but it seems to me that the Saints high powered offense is not really as good as people act anymore.

I wonder...

They are ranked 8th in the league in scoring and have been having to have to score to compensate for their bad D. They basically have to score as many points as they can every game and they are averaging 27..We are averaging more than and have sat on leads in a few games after half time.

I look at it as we can stop them more than they can stop us.

Yea, I mean I see us clocking it between the 20s alll day long, hope for TDs, not FGs, but what I think, it will be real tight at halftime, but by toward end of the 3rd quarter their crap defense, including Lofton is sucking ozone and we score at will, running away by 3 scores at the end and back to ATL still undefeated ........

Does anyone else feel that the Saints offense is not all that great anymore? They are averaging 27 points a game and due to their terrible defense, have had to score as much as possible on offense. They are ranked 2nd in passing yards and 29th in rushing yards. How lopsided is that? Keep in mind, they have played a lot of poor defenses, as well.

They have had injury issues on offense as well that has hurt their o line and receiving core, also. This is likely a contributing factor.

So i wonder, how good is there offense really? I have to give them the benefit of the doubt here, but it seems to me that the Saints high powered offense is not really as good as people act anymore.

You are kidding yourself. Any team that can average 27 points while losing 470ish points of defensive yards is extremely potent.

If we can just get occasional pressure with 4 we will be okay. We don't have to hold them to 2 scores, we just have to make them punt once a quarter or so. I think we win going away, but you just never know.

I think I'm okay with trying our best to take the run away and trying to stay over the top of the receivers with soft corners and a deep safety. If you make him throw it enough times, that funny shaped ball is bound to bounce your way once or twice. Again, that only words with occasional pressure from the front 4.

Brees goes cold for stretches this season which he has not done much. When he is on, he is as on as he ever was. He is just having more "not on" moments in 2012.