What If We Stopped Drew Brees Record?

Guest fibonacci

38 members have voted

1. 1. do you think our D can stop drew brees from scoring a TD?

• yes
    • no

Can we? Yes. Will we? I doubt it. Brees cares more about himself than his team. I'm sure he'll get a garbage time TD somehow.

This. Our defense is top notch (imho) and can stop him from continuing that passing TD feat. As paulitik says here, though, Brees cares more about himself than his team. THIS I take as FACT. He would find a way to get it, even if it is less than :30 left in the game, we are leading by 21, and they are starting their final drive from their half-yard line.

Probably blame it on their OL, refs, Goodell, Myans, take ur pick.

and if we do . . . THIS!!!

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I have faith in our D is stopping them. to me Tony Romo is more of a threat then Drew is.\ LOL

but really he almost did not get it in the Carolina game. and I see we have a better D then Carolina.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Brees will probably lose the game taking chances to throw a TD than stopping his streak.Ryan could have tried to throw the ball in last game instead of giving it to Turner to keep his streak alive.

I very much agree.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

All we have to do is knock his *** out of the game. Sounds simple

funny you say that.

if you look at brees contract they added in language that said if he gets hurt they can do things to where they don't have to pay him 10+ a year or they can let him go.

I said it when I heard his contract break down, and I'll say it again.............Their own players are going to let the Oline open up so he gets smacked and is out for the season or few games.

- they will take a bounty out on their own player.

I think its absolutely impossible for us to stop Brees from scoring. Nothing against our team or our defense. I just think the refs have already decided the record continues against Atlanta. Now if the NFL wanted some real juicy headlines they would make it that Atlanta is the team to end the record and we blow them out. The whole revenge story sounds great. Sadly we are Atlanta and don't have the Refs like Brees does. We will win but he will continue his record.

I will gladly eat crow sh!t if we do!

They can. But we won't. Imho, their defense can't even hope to contain our offense, so we'll be up early, and then in the 4th we'll relax and let Brees keep on keepin' on. Just the way things are.

And when I say we can, I don't mean I think it'd be easy, just that it's possible. Brees is still a great QB, even if he pads his stats.