Tin Foil Hat Time? Something Strange Happened In Ohio Tuesday . . .

HolyMoses

Ohio was the only battleground state that underperformed the pre election polling. Ohio was also polling well above the national polling average but came in UNDER the actual national results.

I think that is really strange, particularly since Lord Silver got EVERYTHING else right on election night. Yes, he called Ohio for Obama and Ohio was won by Obama, but Silver had considered Ohio a firewall state . . . . which should have left more of a margin of victory than states like Virginia, Colorado, New Hampshire, and Iowa. That does not sound like much, but the numbers are pretty striking

Election results by margin of victory

I'm trying to find the same table from before the election. It showed the rankings reflected in the second paragraph.

Edited by holymoses

Comparing the difference between the polling averages to the actual results is also striking:

NATIONAL. +2.0

Nevada +3.8

Colorado +3.2

Iowa +3.2

Michigan +4.5

Pennsylvania +1.4

Wisconsin +2.5

New Hampshire +3.8

Virginia +2.7

Florida +2.1

Ohio -1.0

Ohio is the only state where Obama underperformed.

He underperformed more than 2.5 percent worse than the next worst state.

He underperformed a full FOUR points compared to the average of the other battleground states.

Edited by holymoses

It isn't much of a secret that the Ohio state government did everything possible to hand the state to Romney by doing things like decreasing early voting time by 20%, namely by closing the polls on weekends, and last minute directives to discard provisional ballots. I just found it hilarious that they still lost the state despite those maneuvers.

Indeed. He sucks at it lol.

I do think however, that it is strange how early the networks called Ohio, in comparison to other states that ended up having larger margins of victory.

If you look at the geography of the election results when they called it, it's not really that strange. There were a couple of hundred thousand votes to be counted in heavily Democratic Coyahoga (sp?) county and only tens of thousands of votes left in Republican leaning counties. The numbers made Obama's win certain at the time despite the results being close.

If you look at the geography of the election results when they called it, it's not really that strange. There were a couple of hundred thousand votes to be counted in heavily Democratic Coyahoga (sp?) county and only tens of thousands of votes left in Republican leaning counties. The numbers made Obama's win certain at the time despite the results being close.

That looked to be true, but for two solid hours the race got closer and closer and closer after they called it. In fact, Romney even took the lead for a short time, like 2 hours after it was called. It was a bit wierd.

That looked to be true, but for two solid hours the race got closer and closer and closer after they called it. In fact, Romney even took the lead for a short time, like 2 hours after it was called. It was a bit wierd.

I guess I understand what you're saying, but again for those of us looking at the county results, it wasn't strange at all. We all know that Obama would win Ohio based on the results. The media was correct to call the state.

On a side note having nothing to do with nothing, but I'm happy that Karl Rove is finally exposed as the propagandist d-bag that he is. It's about time some facts and reality brought that guy down a notch.

I guess I understand what you're saying, but again for those of us looking at the county results, it wasn't strange at all. We all know that Obama would win Ohio based on the results. The media was correct to call the state.

On a side note having nothing to do with nothing, but I'm happy that Karl Rove is finally exposed as the propagandist d-bag that he is. It's about time some facts and reality brought that guy down a notch.

Karl Rove has been exposed as a charlitan snake oil salesman over and over again. Anyone who subscribed an gram of credibility to anything Rove says is provably a d - bag, or monumentally stupid, themselves.

speaking of which I hope Snak is doing ok.

I talked to him yesterday. I don't think I'm talking out of school on saying that he's going through a very difficult and painful time with some eye surgery issues. He had lost vision in an eye many many years ago and just had that eye removed.

I'm the first to jump snake around here, but even I have to recognize that despite his best efforts to prove otherwise through his board persona, he's actually a decent standup guy. And I hate that he's going through a difficult, though fortunately temporarily difficult time.

Edited by holymoses

I talked to him yesterday. I don't think I'm talking out of school on saying that he's going through a very difficult and painful time with some eye surgery issues. He had lost vision in an eye many many years ago and just had that eye removed.

I'm the first to jump snake around here, but even I have to recognize that despite his best efforts to prove otherwise through his board persona, he's actually a decent standup guy. And I hate that he's going through a difficult, though fortunately temporarily difficult time.

Yeah I am sure most of the BS he spouted was an internet show.

That is very unfortunate about his eye. Next time you talk to him tell him I said hello and I hope that issue gets better.

I know losing sight is one of the scariest thoughts I can think of.

The Big Butter Jesus burned down. I'm going to say that had something to do with Ohio's anomalous results.

OK. I can play this game. *puts on official Dylan Avery thinking cap* Ohio was surprisingly close because of a Republican tactic inside Ohio. Republicans delayed the release of vote counts in select highly Republican districts in hopes of forcing Democrat districts in places like Cincinnati and Cleveland into reporting their actual vote counts. The plan was to mitigate the Democrat machine's ability to 'find votes' at the last moment and tip the results. This game of chicken almost worked, but Republicans should have held out in more districts.

OK. I can play this game. *puts on official Dylan Avery thinking cap* Ohio was surprisingly close because of a Republican tactic inside Ohio. Republicans delayed the release of vote counts in select highly Republican districts in hopes of forcing Democrat districts in places like Cincinnati and Cleveland into reporting their actual vote counts. The plan was to mitigate the Democrat machine's ability to 'find votes' at the last moment and tip the results. This game of chicken almost worked, but Republicans should have held out in more districts.

And what would have been the purpose of doing that? The final result would have been the same...

Your realize that I was being funny with the big butter Jesus post, right?

Yea. Im not mocking you. Just joining in on the kooky conspiracies. I had avoided the thread originally because I misunderstood. Youre poking fun at conspiracies, right?

I was being a little ironic . . . but: I don't know what happened in Ohio, but the number ARE really strange. Strange enough that there it is worth looking at additional numbers to determine if there should be some kind of investigation.

It's always been this way. The Democrats want to overload the system with fraudulent voters while the Republicans try and invalidate or change those votes through the system. The Right cheats from the top down while the Left cheats from the bottom up.They pretty much canceled each other out here.

Any basis for this, or is this just a "gut" feeling?