Why Are We So Much Better Away Than At Home This Season?

Kayoh

I just don't get it. The only guy who seems to be performing better at home than away is Roddy, which obviously I can't complain about. Tyson Clabo also showed up against Dallas and wasn't great in Philly, but the trend is strangely pro-Away. Can anybody explain this, or is it just pure happenstance?

UPDATE:

Things have really turned around for us...at home.

Home SoS: 0.420, 5-0

Away SoS: 0.356, 4-1

derp.

uhm. arguably the best two games were at home. Dallas and Denver. Sure they didn't rack up the points vs Denver but they certainly racked up the stats.

They played well AT KC but come on...it was easy to get up for that and KC is bad. and they did play well at SD.

Maybe they slightly overlooked Oakland and Carolina considering they are weak teams and the birds knew they had them at home.

Edited by Markieh18

PFF have also picked up that the OL has been playing much better away, compared to home.

At home, the OL has given up a combined 14 sacks, 24 hits and 40 hurries.

Away, the OL has given up a combined 5 sacks, 5 hits and 40 hurries.

Something to think about.

Maybe because they play loose on the road, count the fact you going up against the team, the fans and the refs.....

This

There is marginally less pressure @ home and there's the factor that road trips mean the lads have to focus more as they are holed up away from home and their comfort zone. They also seem to thrive under a bit of pressure and always seem to develop some swagger because of this.

I expect the same denouement this Sunday......Happy Days!!!

Really? You consider Dallas on SNF one of our best games? What were you watching?

I watched the Falcons moved up and down the field on a top 5 defense and shut down a top 5 offense. The only blemish was special team missing 2 short FG. Otherwise that's a double digit win where Falcons was only favored by 4 points. I don't expect outside who didn't watch the game to realize that was a good(not great due to lack of TD) performance by the Falcons, but I am surprised that Falcons fans didn't think that was a good performance. I mean the Cowboys beat the Giant on the road(along with a couple close lost to Giants and Ravens) so they are a talented team that happens to hurt themselves with penalties and TO. They didn't do that on Monday and still lost. So how is that not a good performance by the Falcons?

I watched the Falcons moved up and down the field on a top 5 defense and shut down a top 5 offense. The only blemish was special team missing 2 short FG. Otherwise that's a double digit win where Falcons was only favored by 4 points. I don't expect outside who didn't watch the game to realize that was a good(not great due to lack of TD) performance by the Falcons, but I am surprised that Falcons fans didn't think that was a good performance. I mean the Cowboys beat the Giant on the road(along with a couple close lost to Giants and Ravens) so they are a talented team that happens to hurt themselves with penalties and TO. They didn't do that on Monday and still lost. So how is that not a good performance by the Falcons?

It had the play off atmosphere in dome. Very hard fought physical game. DAL is probably the best defense we will face this year.

Edited by falcons007

^^^this

Guest Negatorris

The only blowout victory we didn't have on the road was against the Redskins.

And the only time we really dominated at home was against Denver, despite the final score.

It had the play off atmosphere in dome. Very hard fought physical game. DAL is probably the best defense we will face this year.

People think that it was because Dallas it wasn't a good win, but to me Dallas has beaten the Giants and can play with SF, GB, Chi, etc... and the Falcons got one of the Cowboys best effort. If that was a win over NYG or SF I don't think anyone would have poo poo it.

I think its because of 1 player in particular for the Falcons....Weatherspoon. He has emerged as the leader of the defense....a defense that plays very well on the road. The closest road game they had was a 7 pt win at washington. Just ask RG3 how that game worked out for him. A good D can travel very well on the road and Weatherspoon is notorious for leading and elevating the play of others with sheer emotion. He knows that you dont have that home crowd to feed off of when you hit the road. That...imo is the reason.

People dont take this into consideration. . . . they want 40+ blowouts eveytime.

we played better teams at home, denever i picked to go to the sb this year and its still possible, we started the game off w 3 picks, carolina is a division rival gonnabe close, dallas has only lost games due to turnovers and didnt have any and we still won, ryan threw 3 picks aginst the raiders and we still won.

we played better teams at home, denever i picked to go to the sb this year and its still possible, we started the game off w 3 picks, carolina is a division rival gonnabe close, dallas has only lost games due to turnovers and didnt have any and we still won, ryan threw 3 picks aginst the raiders and we still won.

EVERY opponent is different, every stadium different. Matchups vary all over the place.

There are probably 2,639 factors that go into winning a particular game.............or losing it.

Not worth worrying about it. There's no concrete answer.

Exactly, people act like there has to be a reason for everything, but the thing is entirely ambiguous and arbitrary ........