The Proverbial Playoff Monkey On Our Backs Is Quickly Becoming A Huge Gorilla

I Even Bleed Red

Everyone who doesn't believe in the Falcons uses the lack of playoff success as an excuse. Let's face it, it's unlikely that we'll go 16-0. I hope that it happens, but me hoping doesn't change the fact that it is tough to win any games in this league, let alone all of them. When we lose a game, everyone is gonna say, we are who they thought we were. This board is gonna be full of complainers and naysayers, the trolls will make an emphatic return, and we'll go from the best team in the power rankings to the "the falcons were exposed" as a medicore team.

Everyone who doubts us says that even IF we miraculously go 16-0 (a feat that is really tough to accomplish), we'll be 1 and done in the playoffs. We have to win a couple games in the playoffs this year. Otherwise, we'll never hear the end of it. The playoff monkey on our backs is becoming a huge gorilla.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I think we need yo win in the playoffs, I think it's becoming an excuse for hate. The only real bad playoff game we had was last season. Seems to me the Giants beat everyone. We were in a blowout with Green Bay, and we should have beaten Arizona. All three of those teams made it to the Super Bowl. Two won, and all three should have. I have said it before. Unless the Giants were sorry last season, and they were not. As well as the Packers from 2010. Then we have to do as every other team in the NFL. Continue to improve.

Everyone who doesn't believe in the Falcons uses the lack of playoff success as an excuse. Let's face it, it's unlikely that we'll go 16-0. I hope that it happens, but me hoping doesn't change the fact that it is tough to win any games in this league, let alone all of them. When we lose a game, everyone is gonna say, we are who they thought we were. This board is gonna be full of complainers and naysayers, the trolls will make an emphatic return, and we'll go from the best team in the power rankings to the "the falcons were exposed" as a medicore team.

Everyone who doubts us says that even IF we miraculously go 16-0 (a feat that is really tough to accomplish), we'll be 1 and done in the playoffs. We have to win a couple games in the playoffs this year. Otherwise, we'll never hear the end of it. The playoff monkey on our backs is becoming a huge gorilla.

If we go 16-0 in the regular season, then we have to WIN IT ALL! That's how it is. If you go 16-0, you're expected to go 19-0. Patriots couldn't do it, and they are hounded for it. 18-1.

A huge fear of mine

You're not the only one. It's all of our's worst nightmare.

The way our schedule is , besides the Giants we won't face another playoff bound team so it's possible that we go 16-0 then we will face a hot and hungry 49ers, Packers or G-Men after a 1st round bye.. Scary

Why aren't people scared of us? I belive that they will be. Why aren't we ever hot and hungry when it matters? I believe that we will be. If we get crushed again, I'll lose my faith in the current regime.

I think we get our first victory this year...there's something different about us this time, even though our team is pretty much the same. It's probably the coordinators? But let's not get carried away now. We have the Saints to deal with first.

We're going to win in the playoffs this year.

I hope you're right.

But we'll probably get GB, NYG or SF in our first game.

If we execute like we did in our last three playoff games we will get our ases handed to us. Trust me.

Everybody is bankin on Nolan and Kutty. Them mofos are too old to play. In the voice of the great Dan Reeves, the coaches call the plays but the players have to execute them.

I hope you're right.

If we execute like we did in our last three playoff games we will get our ases handed to us. Trust me.

Everybody is bankin on Nolan and Kutty. Them mofos are too old to play. In the voice of the great Dan Reeves, the coaches call the plays but the players have to execute them.

Clearly Mularkey did not prepare the players to succeed. Nolan and Koetter will not suffer a similar malaise. Trust me.

Clearly Mularkey did not prepare the players to succeed. Nolan and Koetter will not suffer a similar malaise. Trust me.

Nolan and Kutty barely beat OAK, CAR, DAL and WAS bro. And it was the same bush it player execution issues. Try that on NYG, GB, SF or CHI in the playoffs and see what you get. Hail, try that on NOLA Sunday and see what you get.

Nolan and Kutty barely beat OAK, CAR, DAL and WAS bro. And it was the same bush it player execution issues. Try that on NYG, GB, SF or CHI in the playoffs and see what you get. Hail, try that on NOLA Sunday and see what you get.

Again, I do understand where you are coming from, but this is the NFL, not the PAC-12. Regardless of the style or margin of victory, any win is good news. I also consider beating Washington and Dallas good wins, whether by a point or three scores. Those two teams will end the season with good records.

Come on man.....because NYG, GB, SF or Chi don't have crappy loses? Go look at the teams those teams lost to.

U wanna knock our team for winning close games but praise those teams because of what? Reputation?????

This is this year. Not last year. Not 2010. Not 2008. Not 1970.

Let the 2012 Falcons write their own story. We are all enjoying this great season and all you do is poop on everything. I don't get it SMH.

How many years before Manning won his first playoff game? How many years did Michael Jordan take to get his first Ring???????

Lets enjoy the season

Edited by NateDogg1215

Come on man.....because NYG, GB, SF or Chi don't have crappy loses? Go look at the teams those teams lost to.

U wanna knock our team for winning close games but praise those teams because of what? Reputation?????

This is this year. Not last year. Not 2010. Not 2008. Not 1970.

Let the 2012 Falcons write their own story. We all enjoying this great season and all you do is poop on everything. I don't get it SMH.

How many years before Manning won his first playoff game? How many years did Michael Jordan take to get his first Ring???????

Lets enjoy the season

Sorry to poop on your feel good season but if we show up in the playoffs like we did against OAK, CAR, WAS and DAL this year, we will get wiped like we did by GB after our feel good 2010 season.

I hope you're right.

I think we are good enough to beat the Giants Niners and the Packers this year.

Our coaches and the way we play are different from years past and I believe there is a different level of confidence on this team.

I think this is plain to see especially on the road as that how I have gauged alot of our success this year home not so much as pretty much we are expected to win in the dome.

Sorry to poop on your feel good season but if we show up in the playoffs like we did against OAK, CAR, WAS and DAL this year, we will get wiped like we did by GB after our feel good 2010 season.

I get it, we are supposed to blow out every single team by 3 or more TDs right?

An undeafeated season and still not happy . Owell I hope the 2012 Falcons prove you wrong

So if the same could be said if we play like we did against Denver SD and Philly theres no one in the league thats hanging with us its an open ended arguement.

I like the fact out of the games you mentioned we still won,you gotta agree if anything you gotta love the Falcons in close games.

Edited by kiwifalcon

I think we are good enough to beat the Giants Niners and the Packers this year.

Our coaches and the way we play are different from years past and I believe there is a different level of confidence on this team.

I think this is plain to see especially on the road as that how I have gauged alot of our success this year home not so much as pretty much we are expected to win in the dome.

Bro if we show up in the playoffs and execute like we did in those games we will get wiped. Trust me.

Again with the Dallas reference. I don't get it. That was a good win, and if you don't see that then you likely will not be pleased with many wins. Dallas, statistically, was top 7 both offensively and defensively. And we controlled that game from the end of the third quarter on. We put up more yards on Dallas than any other team all year. If Bryant makes both field goals it's 25-13 which is a blowout in NFL terms.

Edited by Falconsin2012

the same can be said wit most of the teams you just mentioned, look at the Giants they struggled against Cleveland Dallas and Philly, which proves the any team to win on any Sunday