Why Is Everyone Tripping On Roddy? I Don't Feel He Was Outta Line

Andre5000

There are few things people are tripping on RW. Which one are you talking about?

I dunno. I just had my bartender at Houston's say "Roddy needs to keep his mouth shut". And earlier I got a text from a buddy basically saying the same thing. I saw that he said we could go undefeated n isshh like that but what's the big deal?

I dunno. I just had my bartender at Houston's say "Roddy needs to keep his mouth shut". And earlier I got a text from a buddy basically saying the same thing. I saw that he said we could go undefeated n isshh like that but what's the big deal?

He never said that, Roddy said, he thinks Falcons have pedigree to go undefeated. What is he suppose to say? Man we are scared of some teams and will crap the bed.

Edited by falcons007

Media spin on the 16-0 question he said it would be nice and that we definitely have the pedigree to achieve that.............then the twist put on it was that Ole BIGMOUTH has STRUCK AGAIN but really as the quote above assures he was only being positive rather than arrogant.

Now bartenders in Houston are touching there nose with their index fingers and starting witch hunts coz THAT MAKES ME SO MAD MAN, HE BETTER NOT WALK IN MY BAR WITH HIS PLATINUM AMEX CARD AND HIS BIG HEAD otherwise me and my brethren gonna make him regret every last word ............Texans fans smh

Basically, there's nothing better to do between last Sunday and next Sunday. Which frankly is why there is so much mindless blather from talk shows and pundits and former players and fans all day every day.

Once you create a sports network, sports radio station, or sports website, you have to fill it with content. Injury reports only fill up about 5 minutes per day. Serious analysis of upcoming matchups might take an hour a day. The rest is BABBLE.

I've been the biggest critic of Roddy and his penchant for saying outta line things, but I'm with you on this one - he didn't go the wrong route (pun intended) on this one. This is what I hate about the media, taking things out of context. If people were to see the whole interview and how Roddy said EVERYTHING he said and not just that one "we have the pedigree to go undefeated" they would see where he was going with that. But you let media glory headline whores like Skip Bayless and Stephen A. get a hold of it and next thing you know brainless peeps who can't think for themselves swallow their cr@p whole, only hear the part they talk about, and just start regurgitating their statements then you have a problem. All they want is ratings so they know if they put what Roddy said in the context they want perceived, they'll have the whole thing twisted into a hot topic when really there was nothing to it in the first place.

The dude Roddy basically believes his team is capable of and expects to win every game he plays and dammit HE BETTER.

Who is tripping on Roddy? Seriously I haven't seen it. I have seen media types edit what he said to make it sound bad but no one that matters has said anything negative about him.

Totally agree. I had a buddy of mine call me up talking all kind of dung about this and I told him this EXACT thing. Stop watching First Take so much. Roddy said this days ago and you didn't know it until Skip and Stephen A. went on their usual over the top rants about it to grab ratings just today. Nobody else has had a problem, but I BET we will hear somebody a player or whoever like Steve Young or Chris Collinsworth with a problem with it now because of that. Just wait til Sunday on Fox, I bet dumb azz Terry Bradshaw will be the first.

From Roddy's Twitter:

Roddy White@roddywhiteTV

It's crazy how people can twist your words into what they want them to say I was asked can my team go 16-0 I said yes am I suppose (cont…

Expand

Roddy White@roddywhiteTV

…cont) to say we are going to lose

Expand

It was pretty sad how blatantly they edited what he said to sound like he was being cocky. Stephen A needs to be shot by firing squad.