Saints Game - Will It Be High Ot Low Scoring?

Rev_Hal

This is the most fascinating question of the game to me. Last week, I expected the Cowboys game to go over 70 total points, like 38-35. Instead, we got a great defensive struggle. What is going to happen against the Saints? I am one again expecting a VERY high scoring game, but I am learning to expect the unexpected?

The Saints defense is terrible, but Brees is still Brees, and the Saints are always tough in the Superdome. Add that this is a division game against a hated rival, and anything can happen. The Saints think they have something to prove, but so do Falcons players.

I predict 42-35 Falcons win.

My biggest concern is the Red Zone woes we get occasionally like last Sunday v Dallas. This was highlighted by Philly too in NO they'd have given a more stout test to NO if they hadn't flopped so much.

Ergo we need to hit it hard at some point in the game. I think that this has more blowout high scoring hallmarks too.

Falcons 42 Saints 24

My biggest concern is the Red Zone woes we get occasionally like last Sunday v Dallas. This was highlighted by Philly too in NO they'd have given a more stout test to NO if they hadn't flopped so much.

Ergo we need to hit it hard at some point in the game. I think that this has more blowout high scoring hallmarks too.

Falcons 42 Saints 24

The eagles had the problem that they were practically reduced to putting in the water boy at offensive line ...

Think the real question is, will the SAINTS be high scoring or low scoring, cause the Falcons are putting up 35+ on that D, maybe 45+.

Cowboys have a really good D that their offense keeps putting in bad situations. When Romo throws pick 6s, makes the D look bad. Falcons red zone woes were from players like Ware winning individual battles and blowing up plays, ain't nobody like Ware on the Saints D.

Saints will blitz Ryan all night long, which is fine with the Atlanta coaches, because their plan is to control the clock and win this game on the ground; that's how you win road games.

Big game for the Falcons running game as they shove it right up the gut of the defense about 45 times. Rodgers will have a couple big 3rd down plays and by the 4th the Saints are sucking wind.

24-20 Birds

Saints will blitz Ryan all night long, which is fine with the Atlanta coaches, because their plan is to control the clock and win this game on the ground; that's how you win road games.

Big game for the Falcons running game as they shove it right up the gut of the defense about 45 times. Rodgers will have a couple big 3rd down plays and by the 4th the Saints are sucking wind.

24-20 Birds

I dont know. I think that Ryan is showing that when you blitz him, he can shred you up. They were talking about this on 680 this morning a lot. As weak as the Saints defense is, I think they will mostly rush 4.

While the odds makers have the over/under right now (Fri) at 53.5, I could see this game going over if Ryan lights up the field.

If I had any money, I would bet it ALL on OVER!