John Madden Says Blah Blah Blah

ballfan

I frankly do not care what the national media says any more. One game at a time. This week, the Stains in the stink hole. This is the only game that matters right now.

Seems like the Falcons locker room is a great place these days. They are united. They believe in one another and their coaches.

Respect, for these Falcons, will remain within themselves. I think every player and coach understands the situation. I think this is making them even more united.

If they play with the usual mistake-free confidence this week the only ones that notice will be the fans and the Falcons organization.

From here on out I will just smile when I hear the same lazy line repeated. I keep telling you, this Falcon team is different.

FLOWERY BRANCH – Hall of Fame coach and renown broadcaster John Madden is not sold on the Atlanta Falcons as Super Bowl contenders.

On his weekly show “Madden Football” show on SiriusXM NFL Radio show, he repeatedly called the league’s last undefeated team “solid.”

“Solid” is good for .500 team. “Solid” is not good if you plan to contend for the Lombardi Trophy.

Former Oakland Raiders Coach John Madden gestures toward his bust during his enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio, in 2006. (Associated Press/Mark Duncan)

“I think they have solid players,” Madden said. “They are solid on offense, solid on defense, special teams, the whole thing. They play very well as a group, as a team. But at this halfway point, I know they are undefeated. They have the best record. But I’m not really ready to say, ‘OK the Super Bowl is theirs. They are the World Champions.’”

Madden also doesn’t believe the Falcons are going undefeated.

“I think they are going to have, I heard Rich (Gannon) say earlier, that he thinks they are going to lose a game in route and I do to too,” Madden said.

The bottom line for Madden, and it seems for the rest of the nation, is that the Falcons have flopped in the playoffs in three of the past four seasons.

“But how are they going to do in the playoffs?,” Madden said. “At some point, with the Falcons I think you can be ready to jump into the playoffs and say how are they going to do there and that’s where I would start to have questions.”

What is wrong with what Madden said???

Can you not take constructive criticism. . .. because I mean, that is exactly what this is. . . . nto bashing, disrepsect, etc.

What measuring stick does he have to measure our current team except the previous four seasons (2008 - 2011).

I mean, come on, no one critiquing the Falcons is Ms. Cleo and can see the future NOR are they required to have faith or hope we as fans do. . . .

Now, hypothetically speaking, say the Falcons do go one and done again . . . . . I have hope they wont, but I cant predict the future neither can you or anyone else.

Yes, this team is different in spirit, on the sidelines, in the locker room, and on the field; however, when has any game or win been guaranteed in the NFL.

As long as we have strong performances against the top teams as well as against our division rivals, I see progress. Even if we lose in the playoffs, I would be ok with at least a strong performance, not like the previous 2 playoff appearances.

Edited by joenate

I just don't care what the national media says. I don't think the Falcons care any more either. They can't win a playoff game until post season, so why bring that up every time the question is asked about the Falcons being the best team. Madden is just the most recent example. I'm not getting mad about it any longer. Just want the team to win this week. One week at a time.

He gestured to his HOF bust? He knows he got that because of his video game, right? and at some point, saying "YOU GUYS HAVENT WON A PLAYOFF GAME YET! AHAHAHAHA" goes from being constructive to being repetitive garbage. Id like to actually see an "analyist" attempt to break down film and try to explain why we suck so much.Ive said it before, but Il say it again, Ive never seen an unbeaten team get the type of disrespect that we have been getting. It honestly amazes me.

It's funny. Nobody predicted a 16-0 season around here and now when people do the same thing, it's blasphemy. I see the rest of the season as practice for the Falcons now. We are in the playoffs. Let's get ready to avenge these losses. Get a first round bye, win 2 games and we made it.

It's funny. Nobody predicted a 16-0 season around here and now when people do the same thing, it's blasphemy. I see the rest of the season as practice for the Falcons now. We are in the playoffs. Let's get ready to avenge these losses. Get a first round bye, win 2 games and we made it.

as much as Id love a playoff win, I dont believe anyone on this team is about to settle for anything less than a ring

Unbeaten doesn't mean unbeatable, and this team knows that. Roddy says "Why not win 'em all?", which is fine. But the most important thing for this year is to get to the playoffs and then run the table.

Of course, I don't want to lose to the Saints...........ever. But losing one or two before the end of the season isn't the end of the world (or the season). I'm just hoping for no significant injuries.

Sure we are gonna lose a game: we all know that. I also acknowledge there are a number of teams out there that appear more dominant that us so far. So I don't know how far we can go in the playoffs. Actually I am not counting on playoffs at all YET. This is the NFL. We all know anything can happen, and there is a LOT of football left. I take Smitty's words of wisdom to heart: one game at a time.

But so far I really like what I see here in Atlanta. We have a ton of talent across the team. WE finally seem to have some decent depth. We have fantastic veteran leadership in our locker room. Our team has that great chemistry that you strive for, but seldom obtain. Our guys find ways to win games when we don't play our best. Our coaching staff finally appears to be able to play chess with the best of them.

I mean when you look at us objectively, we really do have all the hallmarks of a champion team. But there are quite a number of other teams out there that can make the same claim as well.

So I am very optimistic, but also remain very objective about our chances.

It's the popular thing to do...to voice that you don't believe in the Atlanta Falcons. It makes you seem cooler, more credible. You turn into people like the Old Spice guy, or the most interesting man in the world by saying you don't believe in the Falcons. It's very funny to me...we shouldn't want respect from these people lol.

Guest Negatorris

Unless he is still in the NFL, John Madden is just apart of the media talk now. His opinion doesn't even come close to mattering for the ATL Falcons.

I miss him as a broadcaster. The later days after he started going senile and drew on everything. He cracked me up how whacked he got.

He was **** good coach and broadcaster till like you said he went senile.How come nobody ever asks these experts how many Falcons games have they seen? got a feeling most just catch the highlights. **** I got NFL Game rewind and while i watch the Falcons games a couple of times no way I can watch all the games for everybody even on condensed mode.