World War Z Trailer

The Monarch

Marc Foster has done mostly story driven films. I suspect he will do it here as well. Kite Runner, Monster's Ball, Machine Gun Preacher, Stranger Than Fiction, Stay, and Finding Neverland. The only film of his that I've seen that I wasn't a fan of was Quantum of Solace. Trailers are trailers, they are supposed to show you action and entice you. Doesn't mean that's all that there is to it.

Zombies need to shuffle and lumber along. Speedy zombies and daywalking vampires ruin the genres.

Amazed Mireille Enos got a starring movie role after The Killing was so bad.

THIS!! I'm so sick of people ruining the underlying structure of classic monsters. Zombies aren't supposed to be fast or smart. They get their power in overwhelming numbers, not cause they retain their human abilities once they die.

Hey everybody, come spend $12 and watch Brad Pitt battle rolling waves of sh*tty looking CGI!

*Fart*

I am embarrassed for everyone involved with the making of this film. Especially after following its production and reading about just how much of a giant clusterf*ck the whole thing became.

At one point during the filming of this movie, Brad Pitt refused to communicate with Marc Forster. I also remember hearing something along the lines of Forster being banned from post-production.

Edited by Parabola

An early script was leaked onto the internet in 2008. Ain't It Cool News reviewed the script in March 2008, and said "This isn't just a good adaptation of a difficult book... it's a genre-defining piece of work that could well see us all arguing about whether or not a zombie movie qualifies as 'Best Picture' material".[20] The review also noted the film appears stylistically similar to Children of Men.[20] According to Ain't It Cool News, the film follows Gerry Lane as he travels the post-war world and interviews survivors of the zombie war who are "starting to wonder if survival is a victory of any kind". One of the first interviews is with Dr. Tsai, the first to encounter the zombies.[20]

Straczynski had hoped that the film would begin production by the start of 2009.[15] Forster, however, told IGN in March 2009 that the script was still in development and he was not sure if World War Z would be his next film.[21] Later in March, rumors surfaced that production offices were set up and the film was in early pre-production.[22] In June 2009, Marc Forster told an interviewer that the film would be delayed, stating that the film's script still needs a lot of development and is "still far from realization".[23]

In July 2009, Brooks revealed to Fangoria that the script was being re-written by Matthew Michael Carnahan. Brooks believes this "shows [the producer's] confidence in this project" because of the amount of money that was being invested in it.[24] Paramount Pictures and UTV Motion Pictures announced at the 2010 Comic-Con that Forster is set as director, and Brad Pitt has been confirmed to play the lead role.[25]

In March 2012, the film's release was pushed back to June 21, 2013, with Paramount electing to release Jack Reacher on the December 2012 date.[46] In May 2012, it was reported that production would return to Budapest for seven weeks of additional shooting.[47] The following month, screenwriter Damon Lindelof was hired to rewrite the film's third act with reshoots scheduled to begin in September or October 2012.[48] However Lindelof, who also reworked Prometheus and co-wrote Star Trek into Darkness, did not have time to script the new ending and in July 2012 Paramount hired Lindelof's Lost partner, Drew Goddard.[49]

Its going to be horrible. It should be illegal to paste the name of a great book onto a movie that has NOTHING to do with it other than there being zombies.

I do however, have to thank this trailer for giving me a link to Warm Bodies. That looks pretty damned funny.