What Curse/monkey Are We Going To Beat This Year

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Breaking_the_Curse_by_Culyu.jpg

atlanta_skyline_from_buckhead.jpg

it started with winning season. then it went to back to back. seems like it is time to win the superbowl. (I know getting the playoff monkey off our back is big....but I believe the falcons are only looking at beating everyone and going 19-0)

thoughts?

Guest Negatorris

When was the last time we swept the Saints?

I feel like we are going to do that this season, and collect TWO victories in the Superdump.

We don't have a playoff monkey on our back. The 9-0 monkey is looking good. The never had a winning season in 9 games is looking good. The fastest division clinch is looking good. The never had 3 in a row PO appearances looks good.

All of those are nice but in a SEASON OF FIRSTS, what I really want is a SB win.

That is because you are young and haven't followed this team for long. PO wins don't count for jack unless you get to a SB. 1 and done, 2 and done, whatever just means we have wasted another season and another opportunity.

Ok um well everyone is going to kill the falcons and bash them if we dont win a PO game.An also matt ryan will go below luck if he doesnt win one this year and not only are you thinking way ahead of time but the last time a checked we suck in the dome during playoff time and this year too.Its true that we are playing better away from home!!

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

That is because you are young and haven't followed this team for long. PO wins don't count for jack unless you get to a SB. 1 and done, 2 and done, whatever just means we have wasted another season and another opportunity.

young or old, some fans would be very happy with a playoff win. I know I would be, so the media would start to be right. right now all the media is saying is how they cannot give us full props because the last four years we failed in PO.

also this is a new team since 2008. when most of this team has started 08-present for the falcons (coaches and players).....that is when "this team" started. so I say they are young. from June 1965 - present, was a totally different team. this 08 team is very new team to me.

We've already gotten so many monkeys off our backs.

Matt Ryan proved in 2008 that even if it's rare, rookie QBs CAN be good enough to carry a weak team on their backs.

In 2009, we broke the back-to-back curse and AFTER SUNDAY, it'll be FIVE in a row.

In 2010, we've had one of the best seasons, record wise, in franchise history.

I don't remember any massive milestones in the 2011 season, but this season, we beat Philadelphia for the first time under Andy Reid after the bye week and are 2-0 in primetime. That's huge for this team.

Ok um well everyone is going to kill the falcons and bash them if we dont win a PO game.An also matt ryan will go below luck if he doesnt win one this year and not only are you thinking way ahead of time but the last time a checked we suck in the dome during playoff time and this year too.Its true that we are playing better away from home!!

Trust me. If we win a playoff game and fail to get a SB they will still bash us. All of the sudden they will point to the fact that anyone can win a PO game even a 7-9 Seahawks team.

young or old, some fans would be very happy with a playoff win. I know I would be, so the media would start to be right. right now all the media is saying is how they cannot give us full props because the last four years we failed in PO.

also this is a new team since 2008. when most of this team has started 08-present for the falcons (coaches and players).....that is when "this team" started. so I say they are young. from June 1965 - present, was a totally different team. this 08 team is very new team to me.

See my other reply.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

See my other reply.

I saw

but you called that guy young.

also in your first post it looks like you were meaning PO appearances.

You spite the media that much? Come on man.

I know how they are. Anything short of a SB appearance and it is not about the games you win it is about the games you lose.

Every game we have lost recently has been to the eventual NFC Champion. If you change the order and we still lose but we are 1-1 instead of 0-1 it accomplishes the same thing. A lost opportunity. Another failed season.

The Ravens have won PO games 4 years in a row which should prove that winning a couple means jack the next year. This year their defense looks as bad as ours has recently. If they don't get it together by the end of the season or come alive in the play-offs they could be the one and done team this year.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I want that and the SB win. I've seen enough playoff victories. I want it all, and I want it now.

agreed

I do know that a playoff win would help a lot of people out.

but I would be ecstatic if we won the SB.

- and this does not look like it would be something hard for us to do. seems very plausible.